Chapter Seven

"Oh my God," I whispered.

I had never seen Jules like this. Even when she woke up, she just managed to look perfect. But right now the girl who stood infront of me was nothing like the one I knew. Her blonde hair were a mess, her makeup was ruined from all the crying and she was shivering.

"What happened?" I asked, still shocked out of my mind.

"C-can I-I come in?" She suttered.

"O-ofcoure," I said, as I moved away from the door to give her a way in.

"I'm really sorry, I j-just didn't know where else t-to go," she cried.

"No it's okay, you know you can always come to me," I comforted her, having no idea what to say. I headed over to the fridge and poured her a cold glass of water to calm her down.

"Here, sit." I said as I handed the glass over to her still-shaking hand while she sat on the sofa.

Another knock came from the door.

"Oh crap." I muttered. I had completely forgot about my date with John.

Jules eyed me, and then looked to the door, "Were you going on a date? My God! I'm so sorry! Why didn't you tell me? I feel like such a butt-in. I'm going to be out of yur hair right now."

"No you're doing no such thing," I protested as I held her down to the sofa. "I'm not letting you out of my sight for tonight, I'll make something up, we can do our date some other time."

Another knock came.

"Please don't do that! He's going to think I did this on purpose. Please go, we can talk tomorrow," she pleaded.

"Jules, even if I did go on this date, my head would be towards you the entire time. Trust me, I really want to be here with you right now. He'll understand, and if he doesn't, well, that's his loss." I said.

I headed over to the door and partially opened it.

"Hey! Are you ready? I'm sorry I'm late, I got he-" he paused and examined my expression. "What happened? Is everything okay?"

"I can't say it is. I was all ready but, something came up. I can't tell you, but trust me it has nothing to do with you. Can we please do this another day?" I asked. I saw his smile fade way.

"Anything I can help with?" he asked.

"I wish," I whined.

"Yeah, sure, maybe some other day," he said as sorrow filled his voice.

"Don't worry, I will make it upto you, we will go out," I promised.

"Sounds good, I'll see you soon?"

"Thank you," I said as I moved forward and planted a small kiss on his cheek. Yup, that seemed to do the job, his frown immeadiately went away.

"Night," he smiled as he walked off. I shut the door and headed back to Jules who was still waiting for me.

"He really likes you." she spoke in a muffled voice, "I can tell by the way he looks at you." I remained silent, not knowing what to say. "I'm happy for you," she continued.

"Thank you," I replied. "Right now, you are my priority, what happened?"

I saw a tear slide down her check, "I don't want to talk about it right now," she said looking down, "Do you mind if I just crash here for the night?"

"Sure. I'll grab you a quilt and pillows." I got up and headed to my cupboards. I opened the oak-finised cupboard and reached for the extra quilt that had been stacked up for the severe winters to come. My bed had more than enought pillows so I just grabbed two of them. I headed for the sofa, to find Jules fast asleep. She really was tired.

Not wanting do disturb her, I slowly and carefully lifted her head and placed a pillow underneath. I threw the quilt over her in a way that it covered the whole of her body with the exception of her face.

After making sure Jules had everything she needed, I headed to fridge to find something to eat, but since I had planned to go out, I didn't bother getting anything to eat. All the ingredients for a pancake were there, except my will power. At this point, I would rather sleep hungry than make pancakes. So instead, I tried to sleep. Much to my dismay, that was not very successful either. My brain wouldn't stop wondering of the millions reasons that would upset Jules like this.

Eventually after hours of staying up, I drifted into a deep slumber.