•THIRTEEN•

•••

•••

I sat with Esme, watching her cook. Unfortunately, I was completely human now- the fear of wondering if I would turn into a wolf creeped into my every thought but I had to be positive, Edward had invited Bella around for dinner, Esme was making Lasagne and it was the most amazing thing that I had ever smelled- way better than the food from the 1700's. I finished up the last of my homework when Bella and Edward walked through the door, at the same time Villanelle walked down the stairs with Alice. The two had been getting fairly close and I was a little less sceptical of her loyalty towards me. At the same time, I was starting to warm up to her and spend more time with her.

"Bella! It's so good to see you, you need to come around more!" Esme walked up to Bella and gave her a warm hug. Bella and I had been getting on a little better since I saved her ass for the second time- at first it was out of pity and guilt but now I didn't completely hate her.

After dinner, Bella and Edward went to their meadow and I decided to help Esme with the dishes. The sun had set and I was getting ready to leave into the woods with Villanelle and Jasper when my phone started to ring. Looking at the caller ID I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"Oh c'mon love I thought you would've been a little kinder to me, all things considered." The voice of the annoying original vampire.'

"Niklaus Mikaelson. Long time no speak." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh darling, I can hear your sarcasm from here. Now I heard about your situation and was wondering if you needed any assistance. I'm only a hop, skip and a run from the small town of Forks, Washington." Klaus replied.

"Thanks but no thanks Nic, I'll be fine but I'll let you know how things go." I replied.

"Sooner or later, you'll want my help. Until then, my dear, have fun with your change."

"Bye Nic." I smiled, hanging up. I finished getting ready and stuffed some clothes into a duffle bag. I walked down the stairs and Esme handed me a drink bottle and a container that had food in it and Carlisle handed e a first aid kit just in case something happened. I said goodbye to my family and Villa took the duffle bag from me while I hopped on Jaspers back and sped into the depths of the woods.

Bridie took in a deep breath and looked up at the sky where the full moon was. They had been waiting for twenty minutes and the human still hadn't felt the effects of her family curse.

"Nothings happened," Jasper said. "Are you sure you still hold the curse?" Bridie slowly nodded. a sharp pain went through her shoulder and she cried out in pain, thats when the transformation begun.

"Bridie!" Villa called out, slowly walking over to the girl.

"Stay back!" Bridie shouted, feeling the bones in her arms break. She screamed out in pain and Jasper ,if he could, looked like he would cry. Bridie screamed when her bones continued to break and Villa had to look away. Bridie's clothes ripped as her soft, pale skin replaced with fur different shades of brown. Bridie looked up, the golden eyes that Jasper had always known were replaced with completely pitch black eyes and she grew into a wolf.

 Bridie looked up, the golden eyes that Jasper had always known were replaced with completely pitch black eyes and she grew into a wolf

"Holy shit." Villanelle stuttered out, seeing the wolf snarl and growl at them. Jasper gently pushed Villa behind him.

"Bridie, can you hear me?" Jasper asked softly, taking a few steps forward. The wolf growled before taking off, running through the trees and leaping over a stream. "We need to keep her on our side of the treaty line or the wolves will probably kill her." Jasper said bluntly, running after Bridie. Villanelle placed the bag on the ground and ran after Jasper and Bridie.

I woke up with a pounding headache, looking down my clothes were nowhere to be found. I blinked a few times to see that the sun had not yet risen, the dark and cold woods made me shiver. A blanket draped over my body and in front of me was Villanelle but she was looking in the other direction. Next to her was the duffle bag.

"Get dressed and I'll take you back home." She said after a while. I slowly moved to the bag and found my clothes: a black tank top, large a grey sweater and black leggings. I moved a piece of hair behind my ear as I tied up my shoes and Villanelle helped me to stand up.

"Where's Jasper?" I asked, taking bite of the sandwich that Esme packed me. Villanelle hesitated before telling me that during my transformation I killed a few animals, and when she said a few she really meant three mountain lions, a heard of deer and a bear. I nodded my head, nothing coming back to me.

"You really don't remember anything?" Villa asked me and I shook my head.

"Thats how it works. I've never been able to remember what has happened while in my wolf form." I replied. "How did you find me, by the looks of things, we're a fair way from where I first changed." Villa smiled at me.

"I'll always be able to find you."

"Gee that doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all." I replied looking at the vampire next to me. When Villa and I entered the Cullen property, the first thing I felt were arms around me.

"Oh Bridie, we were all worried sick! We could hear you screaming from here!" Esme cried, holding me in a tight hug.

"I'm fine, trust me Esme." I replied softly. She grabbed my face in her hands and started to check me for any injuries.

"Hey pipsqueak, you got dirt on your face." Emmett smirked. I narrowed my eyes.

"You would too if you spent the night as a werewolf killing things." Everyone froze. "Not humans, rest assured. Just a few deer here and there." Villa scoffed.

"It was a bit more than just 'a few deer'. You could take out an entire city if you truly desired." She replied.

"Lets get you inside, you're freezing cold." Carlisle said and Esme lead me inside. The rest of the day Emmett decided it would be funny to start making wolf jokes and Jasper showed up, telling us that he had disposed of the animals. I couldn't help but feel bad, all of this had happened because I had pestered my brother to teach me how to hunt, I was so incredibly infuriating back then. Jasper gave me a reassuring smile when he and Alice came downstairs in a new change of clothes, but it still didn't lessen the guilt.

I ended up going up to my room and after having a shower I sat and watched movies. Villanelle came in halfway through 'Saw 3'. She rolled her eyes and closed the door gently, setting a bowl of popcorn down on my nightstand and a glass of orange juice as well. Gesturing for her to come and sit next to me, she vampire sped and got under the warm covers. I only made it to half way through the fifth movie when I fell asleep, having seen these movies a billion times since they came out.

In the few days that followed, I noticed small changes to myself even as I started to turn back to a vampire. The wolf transformations would get increasingly more painful than I ever remembered them and at times I felt myself growing more and more out of control with my emotions. One minute I was happy and the next I was ready to rip Emmetts head off. When I finally did become a vampire again, I felt more sad than I ever had in my lifetime of being human or vampire. Jasper sensed my emotions and frequently tried to lift my spirits but I wasn't in the mood for his gift to help me. Emmett too, tried to make me laugh and more active with the family by daring me to certain activities but for some reason I felt extremely mundane. I had no idea what was happening to me and I just didn't want to know either.