Chapter 4

They went back into the medical sector and Lauren was afraid that the doctor's therapy office was just another room with white walls and grey tiles. But she got surprised when the woman held the door open for her and the inside looked nothing like the others she had seen there. The walls were painted in light colors and embellished with different kinds of art, which Lauren had to get a closer look at. Camila let Lauren take in the new surroundings and already sat down in her usual seat, which stood opposite to a couch, where Lauren sat down after she had looked around for long enough.

"I'm assuming you like it here?" Camila raised an eyebrow and Lauren nodded quickly.

"I love art," She said and the brown-eyed girl was surprised to hear that but couldn't hide a slight smile. "I got this love from my Mom," She shared without realizing what she just said, but she noticed her mistake when she saw how Camila jotted something down.

"I'm sorry," Camila apologized when she noticed the look on Lauren's face. "But this is my job. You don't seem like the kind of person that is fond of talking about their problems and what bothers them, but you must understand that this is only for your well being. Before we start with this session, we can talk about the formal stuff first if you want us to..." She gave Lauren the option and again had to wait until Lauren thought about the answer.

"Uh yes, please," She replied.

"I don't know how much Dinah showed you and how many of the rules she explained to you, so I'll just start like you haven't seen anything here yet. I've already mentioned that you can live a near to normal life in here and I meant it. You can go wherever you want whenever you want, except after bedtime, which starts at 10 PM," She told Lauren, although Lauren already knew this information from Raven. "This applies to every night, with an exception again. Once a month there's a weekend where you're allowed to stay up and do whatever you-"

Lauren didn't listen to the doctor's following explanation because she had learned about all of this before when she went through the manual last evening, so she distracted herself from the words the woman in front of her spoke. At first, she found a good distraction in the painting that hung on the wall opposite to her but after a few minutes, this wasn't enough anymore and she tried it with something else. Although everything in this office seemed kind of unique, she couldn't focus her gaze on an object for longer than 10 seconds, so her eyes flew over the whole room until they found her doctor's face again. It seemed like Camila hadn't still noticed that Lauren had stopped paying attention to her a while ago, so she started to focus her gaze on the woman in front of her, still shutting out her words because they weren't relevant to her.

Just like the first time she was still drawn by those brown eyes. They seemed so deep and it made Lauren drown in them for a moment. Looking at them made Lauren feel weird and she couldn't tell why because it was a feeling she had never experienced before. She had looked into so many eyes throughout her whole life but never had they seemed like this pair of eyes. These hazel eyes that would seem ordinary to everyone else, held something endlessly fascinating for Lauren.

"Miss Jauregui?" She heard a faint voice that called her name louder and louder until she couldn't overhear it anymore. She stopped herself from focusing her gaze too much so that it seemed like she hadn't drifted away for several minutes. "Are you okay?" Camila checked on her and Lauren could feel her cheeks turn red. There was no way the doctor hadn't caught her staring.

"Yes," She quickly said and looked to the ground. "Those are just things I have already read in this manual that was on my kitchen counter,"

"You read the manual?" She said with the same surprise in her voice as Dinah had earlier. "I've been working here for quite some time now and you're the first person who has done that," She chuckled. "But then I'll just skip the boring rules. Do you have any questions?"