Chapter 12

She spent some time at the hospital with Jesse, before she headed to Toretto's market. When she came through the door Mia looked up confused. "What are you doing here?"

"It's my shift," Liyah offered, heading to the back to drop off her stuff.

"Yeah but,..."

"If I sit around and do nothing. I don't..." she sent Mia a frustrated look.

Her sister nodded before getting back to work the two moving around in companionable silence. In the end, Liyah ended up staying later than usual.

Not wanting to sit in silence in her room she chose to go to the workshop, there were a few cars their she could work on.

It was dark out but that didn't stop her from turning the lights on in the shop. She was blasting music when a vision flashed.

She turned down the music as Dominic came into view. She continued to work, focusing on the engine of the car. She heard him sigh before the sound of scraping metal had her looking up to see her brother sitting beside her on a stool.

"Do you want to talk?" he asked.

Liyah shook her head adamantly, there was nothing to say really. She wasn't even sure what she was feeling.

"Liyah," Dominic huffed.

"It shouldn't even hurt this much," she grumbled. "I barely knew the guy but, it feels like-" she cut off, at a loss for words.

"Help me," she huffed pointing to the car.

Dominic nodded, pushing a button on the dangling lift remote.

The car lifted from the ground, he raised it a few more feet off the ground before stopping. She hoisted herself higher so that she was perched on the bumper.

Dominic continued to watch from below, she knew the position made him nervous she'd slipped from the height enough times that his worry was warranted but, she still found herself in the same position more often than not.

Without him in her line of sight, she breathed. "It's like somethings missing... I hadn't even realized he'd filled up space. Shit," She hissed as her tool slipped from her fingers.

Dom caught it easily enough and she carefully adjusted herself so that she was sitting in the hood.

"The question I'd like to know is how my sister ended up dating the CEO of Stark Industries."

Liyah felt tears prick the corners of her eyes. "That's the thing though, I wasn't! Not really. We had a.... a thing! Don't get me wrong it was a nice thing but,... I'm not making sense..."

Dominic chuckled. "Why don't you start from the beginning."

Liyah looked down at her fingernail, letting out a sigh. "Okay, so you remember that street race about three months ago?" She began.

Dominic listened with rapt attention nodding along, occasionally.

She finished with a huff of breath. "Am I stupid?"

He looked up at her confused.

"I mean, it seemed like things were going well before this and the age difference... I don't know what I'm asking," she admitted.

"Your feelings are real, Aaliyah. It doesn't sound like your imagining things and from your story, it sounds like he cares about you too. However," he said with narrowed eyes.

"What?" She murmured.

"I'm a little upset I didn't get to do my shovel talk," he stated, his lip twitching slightly.

Liyah let out an indignant squawk.

"Don't worry I'll read him his rights when he gets back," he said with a grin

"But what if he doesn't come back, or what if he does and he doesn't..." she trailed off as she dropped her gaze to the ground below her.

"He'll come back, as for the second part, I haven't actually met the guy." He stated pointedly.

Liyah shrugged sheepishly at that. "I said I was sorry."

***********

Staring at her white ceiling Liyah couldn't help but think of Jarvis and the Bots, she frowned as she sat up. Could robots get lonely? Did they go into some kind of stasis when Tony went out?

Grabbing her phone, she dialed the number Tony saved into her phone. She knew it would go to voicemail but, maybe Jarvis automatically had access to all of Tony's messages like a high tech answering machine, she figured. Hearing the tone signaling the voice mail she bit her lip nervously.

"Um Hey, it's Liyah, I wanted to... to.." Liyah let out a sigh. "This is ridiculous, Jarvis? If you can hear me I wanted to check on you? I guess? I don't know, do you get lonely or does butterfingers keep you entertained or..." Liyah rolled her eyes. "Jarvis?" she asked one more time.

With no response, she prepared to hang up when the sound of the line beeping gave her pause. She froze with baited breaths.

The A.I.'s familiar incantation sounded over the line. "Good Evening Ms. Toretto."

"Oh, thank god, I was starting to feel really weird talking to an answering machine."

"We wouldn't want that," Jarvis almost seemed to huff.

Liyah let out a chuckle.

"Was there something I could assist you with?"

She wrapped her arms around herself, leaning against the wall for support. "uh, not really no... Just wanted to check on you guys?"

"That was... thoughtful of you. I find myself quite disquieted, with Sir's disappearance."

"I figured as much, do you talk to anyone?"

Jarvis seemed to pause. "I regularly assist Miss Potts in her ongoing position as sir's personal assistant."

Liyah frowned. "Oh, then would you want to play poker with me sometime? I've got a computer you can hack into," Liyah offered hopefully.

Across the room, her computer screen lit up, the words "Would you like to play a game?" typed across the screen.

"Oh my god, Jarvis, I hated that movie," she huffed pulling out her chair. Rolling her eyes, she typed in 'Yes' just beneath the A.I.'s words.

In response, a game of poker modulated on her screen as she grinned.

"Your preference has been noted."

Liyah let out a snort, "Just deal the cards, maybe this time you won't be able to cheat with all your fancy sensors."

"'I'm sure I don't know what you mean," he returned.

******************************************************************************

Some Feelings and some fun? Idk i just really like Jarvis! lol Likes? Questions? 

⭐ post as many as you like! but I'm thinking the regular 1-5

❤️ Same as the Star!!