LET HIM GO

No, no, no, he thought to himself, this cannot be happening, he heard giggles in the background, those giggles that belonged to a girl who laughed like a 4 year old, those giggles that were music to his ears, he immediately hung up and start telling to himself to calm down, that it was probably a misunderstood, that Nate was just paying a visit to Serena in L.A. while he was trying to launch the L.A. Spectator and should have answer the phone to make a joke to Serena, he refuse to think that Serena was with Nate again, they were over since a very long time ago, they were best friends but that was all, sure Nate and Serena will always have a sort kind of attraction to each other but that was all, attraction.

He knew it was a joke from Nate to Serena, but he had to wait until Serena comes back. If she ever comes back.

_____________________________________________

Meanwhile Serena was still in L.A., she hasn’t been spotted since 4 months ago, and she was already used to wake up with the sunshine and the smell of the beach, fresh sand entering to her nostrils.

L.A. has been good to her, even if her firsts 2 months were all about having fun, drink, getting high and dulling the pain she felt in her heart every time she saw a happy couple cuddling.

Nate has been her savior during the summer, she was a mess and Nate helped her to recover, she was relieved that she still cared to someone and that person had such a strong connection with her, they hang out for a couple of weeks and they started developing feelings for each other and before they knew it they were already a couple.

Serena felt happier and lighter than before, but still in her long walks at the beach she missed him. Dan. The man that once she thought could be the love of her life, no matter how many guys she had dated Dan was still there in her heart, she was supposed to move on since he made clear he wanted Blair and no one was going to change his mind, but still Serena remain single the whole year hoping that he’ll realize that Blair and him weren’t meant to be and they were better off as friends. But he was in love with Blair and Blair was “in love” with Dan too, so if the two of them, the persons she cared about the most loved each other and they made each other happy then they had to be together, not even caring about her own happiness.

If one thing she had learned about “Dear John” it was that she finally understood what true love meant, true love meant that you care about the other person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.

She loved him.

She loved him that night when they went to that Lincoln Hawk concert, she loved him that night after Cotillion, he loved him their first night together, she loved him at the Hamptons, she loved him after that, she loved him now and she knew she always would, but right there she knew it was time to let go.

Let him go.

Let go of their love once for all.

She loved him, she loved him enough to let him go.

Let him go.

Let him go…