Chapter Twenty-Five- Awkward Dinner

When Harry and Draco walked into the Great Hall, Harry didn't give Draco a choice on where they were sitting. He practically dragged the blonde to sit at Gryffindor table.

Neither of them looked at the other as they silently put food on their plates.

Ron cleared his throat. "Hey guys!"

Harry looked up, and smiled tensely at him.

Neville frowned at their silence, and Harry suddenly remembered what he was supposed to tell him.

Silently, he waved his wand, giving himself and Draco the ability to speak again.

"So Neville, Ron, the Slytherins are going out for shopping and hanging out in a couple of days down at Hogsmeade. I was wondering if you guys would want to go?"

Neville's eyes held a spark of something. "Who will be there?"

"Pansy, Tabitha, Felix, maybe Damon, Millicent, and Lucinda." At Neville's slightly disappointed look, Harry added "Oh, and Blaise."

"I'd like to go," he said shyly. Harry smiled. 

"Cool. Ron?"

Ron shrugged. "Nah. Not my scene."

Harry nodded, and returned to eating.

"Draco, will you be going?" Neville asked.

Draco stiffened slightly. "Yes," he replied shortly.

Neville didn't say anything more, but his eyes darted between Harry and Draco many times.

As they continued to eat, a note suddenly appeared next to Harry's plate.

What's going on, Harry? And don't say nothing, I'm not blind or an idiot.
~N

Harry sighed, and looked up at Neville's concerned face.

In clumsy, left-handed handwriting, he wrote his response and handed it back.

Draco and I got in a fight. We brought up family, it got personal, and we're both pretty pissed.
~H

A moment later, the response appeared.

I'm sorry. I'm sure you two will get over it, or it'll be a long nine weeks. 
You like him, don't you? As more than a friend. I can see it, the way you are with him.
~N

Harry raised his eyebrows in surprise at Neville's perception, but responded.

I hope so.
Yeah, I do, and I don't know what to do, because we've done stuff, but I'm pretty sure it means nothing to him.
You like Blaise, don't you?
~H

Neville smiled softly at the mention of Blaise, and the response was quick.

What kind of stuff have you done?!?!?! I thought you were a virgin????
Yeah, I do. Please don't make fun of me.
~N

I am a virgin, Neville, jesus. I just mean, we've done like other things. We had an agreement, because ten weeks without being able to jerk off or anything would kill us both.
How could I make fun of you? Blaise is fuckin hot. Besides, I like a Slytherin too, I'm in no place to judge.
~H

Oh, that does make sense. I'm just kind of surprised. I thought you two would honestly kill each other within ten minutes.
Thanks for understanding.
~N

I thought so too, but he can be pretty cool sometimes. I'm sure you've realized that.
Of course. If you want, I can pair you and Blaise up during our trip to Hogsmeade?
~H

I have. I'm sure everything will be okay eventually.
Thank you Harry, you're the best.
~N

Dinner ended, and Harry shoved the note in his pocket before smiling weakly at Neville and leaving with Draco.