under the stars pt. 1

A group of kids from school decided that it would be fun if they went on a camping trip for one night.  It was a boy-girl trip but after all, they were 17 and 18 years old and half of the group were already couples.

Anne had obviously accepted because there was nothing more enchanting then spending the night under the stars.  The people attending were Anne, Diana, Charlie, Moody, Ruby, Jane, Cole, and finally...Gilbert.  Anne was aware that Gilbert was attending the camp out but they had set aside their differences years prior and now were good friends although Anne secretly liked him more than she could admit.

They had all agreed not to invite Billy or Josie Pye because that would be just asking for trouble.

Anne was exuberant to camp in nature.  The sound of the crickets keeping a rhythm of song, birds chirping in tune, it reminded Anne of a symphony.  All of the right instruments combined to make a beautiful piece.  Anne had only read about symphonies in books but from what she had pictured, they ought to be just glorious.

When they had heard the news, Diana and Ruby scrambled over to Green Gables.  Straight off the bat, Ruby started talking about Gilbert (which was a surprise to no one).

"I am just going to have the most romantical time with Gilbert." Ruby said with a far off, dreamy look in her eyes.

Diana gave Anne a sympathetic look in her eyes. Anne had told Diana that she liked Gilbert when she was 14 years old and Anne had liked him ever since.

There were lots of things that Anne lov-liked, yes liked about Gilbert.  She liked his great level of intelligence, his witty sense of humor, how he was nice to everyone that he met, his curly brown hair that matched his sparkeling brown eyes, and his dimples that revealed themselves when he smiled at her.

Little did Anne know, Gilbert liked her just the same as well.  Everyone knew that they were practically soulmates except them.  They had all planned to share tents, in pairs.  Jane and Ruby, Anne and Diana, Cole and Gilbert, and finally, Charlie would be paired with Moody.  It all seemed like a solid plan, at that time.

The next day, the girls waited around Green Gables and anticipated the moment when they could finally leave for the camping trip.

When the time came, Ruby hauled her two large duffle bags full of outfit changes because she wasn't sure which one Gilbert would like the best (Anne rolled her eyes at this comment).  Anne grabbed her pillows, blankets, and tent.  Anne was hoping and praying that one of the boys would help her set it up, as  much as she hated admitting it. Setting up a tent was definitely not a one person job. 

They were the last ones to arrive at the camp spot which meant that there were limited spaces available.  The only spaces left were near the end next to Gilbert and Cole's tent.  Anne grabbed the spot closest to their tent and started setting up the tent. 

She was struggling and there was no doubt about it.

Gilbert noticed Anne fumbling with the tent and walked over.

"Need some help with that?"

"Help would be appreciated, thank you."

"Wow, the Anne Shirly Cuthbert just accepted my offer of help. I never thought that I would see the day."

"Haha, very funny."

After Gilbert and Anne finished setting up the tents, they both parted ways to there gender divided groups.

Anne was the final girl to join the girls group which earned her a couple weird glances and sad eyes from Ruby. Anne felt a tug at her heart but she had to keep in mind that you couldn't just claim someone like a piece of property, ESPECIALLY when the person liked someone else.

The girls decided to play truth or dare. Ruby dared Diana to go up to Charlie a give him a kiss on the cheek. This of course made Diana's face turn as bright red as Anne's hair. Nonetheless, she completed the dare. Jane decided to challenge everyone in the group to the same dare.

You had to write a love letter to the boy that you had a crush on and put it in their tent.