1

'I like being a woman, even in a man's world. After all, men can't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.' ~Whitney Houston

- - - -
"Look, man, I got the nine grand that you want. I'll give you the other grand next week. Can I just get at least half of my shit that I asked for and leave." Ethan looks at Violet with a smirk on his face as he licks his lips before looking back at the guy in front of them. It was like they could read each other's minds. At this point, they knew what was bound to happen.

"You must don't know who you're are dealing with here." Violet spoke for Ethan as he released the smirk off his face then winked at her.

"I'm not talking to you little girl. Look, the men are talking here so go run along and do something with yourself." The guy spoke in a harsh tone.

"Well, 'Man'. I'm talking to you and I honestly don't agree with the disrespect you're showing me right now in front of my man and me."

"Why are you even here, bitch." He said in annoyance. "Look, E. I thought this was a meeting between you and I. Not with your girl here."

"She can be wherever she wants to be. Besides, I consider her as apart of the business." Ethan responded back in a stern voice.

"Why is that?" The guy who'd stood in front of us asked.

"Because this business-" Violet paused for a moment collecting her thoughts before speaking again.

"Well, shall I say this empire is technically half of mines too. So, with that being said, I believe that I should be treated with the same amount of respect that you give E here."

"I think that Vi has a point J man. You really don't want to mess with her and get on her bad side. Trust me I know."

"Would you look at this. I guess E here getting soft on us now that he has his girl by his side."

"Whatever J. Make sure you give us our money by next week or else-"

"Our boys will be coming for you." Violet gave the guy a sinister look as she continued. "Along with your precious boy. I bet some of my homegirls here would love to meet him."

"Leave my son alone!" J screamed at Violet while calming himself down after he saw Ethan beginning to stand up from his chair.

"Then give us the money on time instead of fucking with us." She warned him.

"Fine... I'll give y'all the rest of the shit next week. Just please don't mess with my boy."

"Aw. Is little J here getting soft because of his son?" Violet told him as she laughed a bit.

"Just get out of here J and we mean what we said, give us our money by next week." Ethan spoke.

"Okay E I'll have it here. Next time make sure you have your girl in control instead of having her run all over you." Violet held up her middle finger to J as he left the office.

"I'm glad that's over." Ethan sighs as he sits back down in the chair to relax.

"Me too baby. Sometimes these dudes and other customers that we deal with gets on my nerves."

"I know babe. But sometimes you have to relax a little bit alright. For me please."

"No promises. I just don't like when people act like I don't belong here and try to walk over me." Violet responded sternly.

"I know Vi baby, but it'll be alright I'm still here for you regardless what people think or say. We're in this together through thick and thin." He told her as he looked into her deep brown eyes while he spoke.

"This. Is. Our. Empire." He said in between kisses as he rested his forehead on hers while smiling at each other.

"Say, let's get out of here and go somewhere fun." Violet suggested to Ethan.

"Oh yeah? What do you have in mind?" He responded with a slightly confused look on his face.

"Trust me, you'll like it." She told him while having a smirk on her face.

- - - - - - - -
Hi guys. I hope you enjoy this first chapter of my book. If you guys have any ideas or anything you'll probably want to see in this story leave a comment or message me on wattpad privately. Don't forget to vote and leave comments of what you all think or like about the book so far.

With that being said, see you all next chapter!
~Mia👸🏾

With that being said, see you all next chapter!~Mia👸🏾