Chapter 5

3rd persons pov
Alec sat nervously by Octavia's side...it felt like forever since his seen her big beautiful green eyes, he was Breaking from the inside all way to the outside, his eyes stayed glued to her body waiting for her to move, twitch or something.

Like a miracle her finger moved and her eyes opened, he sprung to his feet grabbing her hand she gasped sitting up "Alec?" She spoke her voice echoing through the room he smiled widely and pulled her into a hug "I'm here" she pulled away tears in her eyes.

"How long have I been out?" He sighed "About 12 hours...why?" She got out of the bed and stood running her hands through her long dark locks "any leads? Did you find clary's memories?" She rushed the words out pacing.

"Hey calm down, you just woke up and you need to rest" he pulled her closer to him and into his arms "can I at least go get changed?" Alec chuckled and let her go and watched her walk out of the infirmary, he sighed and sat back down on the bed staring at his hands. "Alec, Jace needs you"  his head shot up.

"Where's Octavia?" Izzy asked worried "changing in her room" Isabelle Lightwood smiled as wide as can be and bolted out the door and to her bestfriends room, she barged in and saw her standing In front of the mirror inspecting a scar on her neck.

(Octavia doesn't have the necklace yet)

Isabelle placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her around immediately noticing the tears "I look horrible" she cried breaking down and holding her chest "Hey it's ok.....the scars just prove how strong you are....and how much of a warrior you were born to be"

Octavia smiled through the tears and pushed her hair behind her ears "what do you need?" Izzy smiled "2 things, my parabatai and you to join me on a mission with Jace, Clary and Alec" She smiled and grabbed her hand "let's go then"

She sat on the table staring at the giant screen infront of them "Magnus Bane, He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive."

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta."

"Guetta's already a Downworlder. Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"

Octavia rolls her eyes and punches the table "can you two focus? This is not a joke." Octavia points to Clary "after all we're here for you"

"Someone needs to get slayed."  Alec glares at his younger sister "Alec's right" Hodge scolds before pausing and continuing again "Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful Warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

"I don't blame him" Octavia says quietly eyeing her Brother from the side "Well, then why did he help my mom remove the memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter"

"Yes, one of the best. But help might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic."