Chapter 1

Grace's P.O.V

I sat patiently reading on a bench in Central Park, waiting for my cousin to arrive. He had wanted to meet me after almost 6 years of silence on his behalf. I mean, I knew why he was always so busy, but it didn't hurt any less that he never replied to my texts or returned my voicemails. Sighing sadly, I put my headphones on and started listening to In My Blood by Shawn Mendes.

Halfway through the song, someone tapped my shoulder. Pausing my music, I turned around and saw my estranged cousin looking at me confused. "Sorry, miss. I thought you were someone else." Bruce apologised and started walking away. An idea just popped in my head and I grinned and, saying: "No problem Brucie. I'll just come back later then. You obviously aren't looking for me, your cousin, or anything."

The speed at which Bruce turned around was almost enough to make me burst into laughter, but what really took the cake and made me burst was his facial expression.

He just stared at me like this until my giggling fit was over

He just stared at me like this until my giggling fit was over. "That was not funny, Gracie. I would have been waiting for ages for you and think that you hadn't come! I have serious stuff to talk to you about."

I nod, my giggling fit now over. "So, I'm going to go ahead and guess that this had nothing to do with you wanting to see me, and something to do with the Avengers, right? Your posture clearly states that you feel the tension between the two of us and that you want to get this over with as soon as possible. You're not styled any differently than you usually do, so it's not a date. Either you really don't like me at all, or you are on the brink of a breakthrough with your work. Nope, definitely your work, otherwise you would have interrupted me and cut to the chase." Bruce sighed, smiling slightly and shaking his head. "You really went Sherlock Holmes on me? That far? Man, I guess I deserve it, though, for ignoring you for a while."

I simply stared at him silently for a minute. Then I got straight to the point. "Let me make one thing clear to you, Bruce Robert Banner. Just because I pulled that stunt on you doesn't mean that I forgive you for ignoring me for the last six years. I am here because one of your friends needs my help, and I am willing to give it to him. It takes more than an apology and some sweet words to gain my forgiveness and regain my trust."

Sighing sadly, Bruce nodded and said, "If you want the job, meet me tomorrow at the Avenger's building. You know where that is and what it looks like?" I roll my eyes at him. "If you mean that ugly-ass building that used to have the name 'Stark' on it, then yes I do. I will see you there tomorrow. I want a full report of all of the Avengers, including Fury. Their personality, their hobbies, their favourite things, what they hate, what their life was like; that type of thing." With that, I waved goodbye and started my walk home. From what I could gather from his attitude towards me, he is truly sorry. There is something else bothering him. It's almost as if he didn't want me to take the job. I thought as I unlocked my door. It definitely has something to do with me helping out the Avengers. I will know tomorrow.

Third P.O.V

Bruce stared at the back of Grace's head as she walked away. Rubbing the back of his neck, he replays what she said to him in his head. "Let me make one thing clear to you, Bruce Robert Banner. I do not forgive you for ignoring me for the last six years. I am here because one of your friends needs my help, and I am willing to give it to him. It takes more than an apology and some sweet words to gain my forgiveness and regain my trust." The scientist sighed as he walked to his car. After a short drive he arrived at the Avengers Tower.

Steve was waiting for him in the lounge room, eager to know if Grace would help them. "She'll help. She doesn't trust me or like me at the moment, but she will help him. She also wants as much information on everyone as we can possibly get our hands on, including Fury. Everything from our hobbies to our time in action; those are her only conditions." Steve nodded, standing up. "Well, looks like you guys might need some help."

Turning sharply to the voice, they see Natasha Romanoff leaning against the open elevator. "I will give her all of my information on one condition; you must swear to me that she won't tell anyone what she reads about me. If she is who I think she is, that won't be a problem. I'll get you everyone else's information, including Fury's. Also, just give her some time. She'll forgive you soon." With that, Natasha walked away, leaving two confused men behind.