Chapter 9

You had stepped aside with William, plotting how to separate the two boys just long enough to ask Marcus about his phone. After about half an hour you had concocted the perfect plan. It was simple, and made sense. So, you went off once again to track down the two hyperactive boys.

On approaching them, William was glancing down at his phone, seemingly thinking of something.

"Oi alex?" William asked, immediately Alex stopped his wrestling match with Marcus and looked up at his brother.

"Yes—?"

"I'd like you to come with me, it'll only be a moment. My apologies, Marcus, I have someone I want Alex to meet." William stated simply, and Alex groaned frustratedly- evidently still not on greatest terms with William. You smiled cheerily at him, hands in your pockets.

"I actually wanted to ask if you wanted something to drink, Marcus? Tea, perhaps? I figured we could get to know each other better." You said casually, pretending not to notice when Marcus's mouth dropped open and his cheeks turned pink- pretending even more so not to notice when Alex elbowed him in the ribs and mouthed the word 'EW' to his friend, disgusted by the innocent crush.

Eventually, William had convinced Alex to come with him, and you sat with Marcus in the lobby of the building, sipping tea.

"So... Alex told me that you had a few pictures on your phone——-?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. Marcus shrugged and smiled, seeming a little bummed his friend ratted him out but overall chill.

"Yeah... I guess. I have lots of stuff though. Not just on this place, if you're worried. And just so you know, I won't show anyone. But I know that some of the people here, including jim and William can be a bit.... sketchy at times—" Marcus smiled at you, and you tilted your head.

"Oh—? How much has Alex told you—?"

"Not much, actually. Just that his brother was mean and worked for a... consulting criminal. I figured the rest out myself." Marcus grinned proudly, you looked at him curiously. He seemed smart enough...

"... and how do you know no one can get that information from your phone...?" You asked.

"Oh, I never go anywhere without my phone. I'd die before I let anyone get ahold of it. Besides, I don't use wifi through it. Without that, someone would have to be within 6 ft of me to hack me. Even then I have like a million things to keep that from happening.. trust me. Everything's all safe." Marcus smiled happily, you had to admit you were impressed by his knowledge.

"Even so, Marcus, I don't really think it's a good idea—— James—!" You gasped, seeing jim leaning against the doorframe glaring at you two.

"... so. You're preparing to blackmail us." Jim stated calmly, although his eyes warned that he was pissed about the matter. Marcus glanced back at jim and shrugged a bit, then smiled, seeming pretty chill about the scary man.

"Not unless necessary~" he teased happily, sipping his tea. Your eyes were huge and you were certain your heart was going to stop or go into cardiac arrest. Jim stared the kid down, before slowly, calmly smiling.

"..... hm." He hummed, before wordlessly strolling out of the room. You practically melted in your seat. Dear GOD that scared you. And if you read jim right... which... you THINK you did... he actually seemed to... respect?? Marcus a bit??? ..... alright. That's was.. unexpected, to say the least.

Marcus sipped his tea again, while you stared at him.

"..... Marcus, I believe you may have just earned the respect of the most dangerous criminal in London..." you whispered, and Marcus just smiled happily in return. .... jim trusted Marcus. .... you had to admit, he was starting to win you over as well.

~~~~~~

Authors note:

Alright guys. I swear I will start doing more jim x reader things soon. I just need to get past a few things so I can get the plot going while jim and the reader spend more time together- that way I won't get stuck while I'm writing later on in the story. Sorrryyyyyyy!!! Just bear with me lol!!!!