Chapter Eight: Anything Goes

When Stiles opened his eyes again he was standing behind Derek. Derek's back was to him, his hand wrapped around Stiles limp one.

"Stiles..please, please wake up." He heard Derek say through tears. "Please don't leave me here alone."

Stiles walked up and put a hand on Derek's shoulder, tears running down his own cheeks as he watched Derek start to sob. Once he finally calmed down he was able to explain things a little better.

"Stiles, I know it's selfish of me to ask you to stay. You want to be with your family and that's fine. Scott kisses Allison, he wishes she was here just as much as I wish you were here. I don't want to tell you what you should choose because it's your decision. I'm just asking that you give me a chance. I love you. I'll move in with you, hell I'll marry you just please don't leave me." He took Stiles hand and squeezes it tightly.

"Scott said maybe you want to go. And that's okay if you do. But if you want to come back, I understand if you don't want to be with me, I understand if you want to leave me and this place behind and go to NYU. Just as long as you stay. I can't loose you this way."

The door opened and Stiles turned to see his friend Scott walk slowly into the room. Stiles could see Scott's eyes were red from crying over Allison. Scott walked up behind Derek and put a hand on his shoulder. "Derek we have to go."

Derek shook his head and tightened his hand around Stiles limp one, his fingers barely holding on. "I'm not leaving him, I can't."

Scott shook his head and grabbed Derek's arm, "Derek listen to me, he isn't dead. But he has to choose if he's going to stay or not. Don't get too attached, he loved his family, he wouldn't want to leave them. You need to be ready to let him go."

Derek slumped over defeated.He looked at Stiles limp body, tubes coming out of him everwhere and machines beeping around him. "He shouldn't have to wake up like this..." He leaned forward to whisper in his ear as Stiles watched from behind. "Stiles.." Derek began. Stiles covered his mouth as tears began to fall. "Stay and i'll leave you alone. I'll let you live your life you can do anything you want. I'll lose you that way but I can't lose you like this." 

He kissed Stiles on his forehead and stood, walking out of the room. 

Stiles slowley walked over to his body the tears still silently falling. How am I supposed to do this? He asked himself. Derek was in pain seeing Stiles in the hospital and that's not what Stiles wanted, but Stiles didn't want to lose his family either. 

If I stay, if I go it's up to me. He thought. If I want to live I can choose to do so. If I want to be with my family I can choose to do so. 

He turned and pushed open his room door and ran after Derek, his heart saying one thing and his head saying another. 

-

Stiles spent a week lingering around Derek. He watched him eat, sleep, and try to live his life normal without Stiles by his side. 

Derek's life had taken a turn for the worst, and so had Scott's. Both had secluded themselves from people, they just hung around each other. Scott had lost the love of his life, his beautiful girlfriend Allison, Derek's boyfriend was on the verge of dying, barely holding on by a thread. Both boys were broken hearted. 

"Derek.." Stiles whipsered one night as he watched his boyfriend toss and turn in his sleep. He'd been doing it for weeks, Stlies didn't know what Derek was dreaming about, but he knew he was  hurting and Stiles couldn't do anything to stop it. 

"I love you so much." 

Stiles eyes moved to a picture of himself and Derek at the beach for Stiles 18th birthday. They'd spent the entire day together, laughing and having a good time. Stiles could feel his heart breaking into peices, knowing he couldn't continue to hurt Derek any longer.