[twenty five]

wild fires in my mind

The next morning, Taehyung wakes up his usual self, not remembering anything about the night before. He bounds to breakfast, asking (Y/n) briefly why she looked so pale and why her eyes sported dark circles like a raccoon.

"I'm just tired. Didn't sleep well." She had said dismissively.

Then the morning proceeded on like it always did, the routine the four had built in the last month had become repetitive and boring. (Y/n) wished she wasn't stuck in the house, she wished she could adventure and go places she never had before with Taehyung by her side - it was a shame he was too scared to let her leave. In fact, a few days ago they had gotten in an argument because (Y/n) wanted more freedom, it had ended with no resolution or compromise.

At around noon time, Taehyung had sat in the lounge with her and turned on the TV while she read a novel. He sat with his arm wrapped around her and his cheek resting on the crown of her head, his low voice rumbled softly with the delicate hum of a children's song, but (Y/n) couldn't figure out what the tune was. Jimin lay on the opposite couch, signing paperwork that sat over his knee and prescription glasses that rested on the tip of his nose. Jungkook couldn't help but giggle at the elder when he looked up from his phone, thinking that he looked like a strict professor at his college.

The young boy had grown a close bond with (Y/n) in the time he has stayed with Jimin. Even though she was still a few years older, the age gap didn't seem to matter as much and often she would help him with his studies. Jungkook looked up to her like he would an older sister.

He was unaware of the dark secrets she and Taehyung held and Jimin had made no effort to explain the two's relationship, but Jungkook could see how much they loved eachother despite his naive youth.

He thought to himself one night as he layed in bed feeling alone, I hope I find a love as true as (Y/n) noona's and Taehyung's one day. He didn't know what that really meant, but lately his mind could only focus on the need for love and the feelings he felt in his chest.

xox

"It's okay, baby. You can do it. I'll even come in with you." Yoongi said, encouraging his nervous boyfriend. They had just pulled into the parking lot of the Seoul Police Station for Hoseok to come clean, but the younger was currently panicking in the front seat of the car only thinking about everything that could go wrong.

He looks out the window, gaze wavering before nodding slowly. Yoongi pulls him in, hands cupping his soft cheeks and searching Hoseok's pretty brown eyes before pressing a tender kiss to his lips.

"Come on, love." He whispers.

The couple gets out of the car and Hoseok takes Yoongi's hand as they enter the station and walk up to the front desk. Hoseok clears his throat and the receptionist jumps to attention, adjusting her glasses and picking up her pen.

"Oh, Mr. Jung." She greeted, "How can I help you this afternoon?"

"I need to speak to someone about (Y/f/n)'s case as soon as possible. I have been hiding something." He admitted. Yoongi brushed his thumb over Hoseok's knuckles comfortingly, noting the younger's quiet and careful voice that threatened to break with each word.

"Oh my." She whispered, picking up her old corded phone and pressing a few buttons before speaking to someone on the other line. She then tells them to take a seat in the waiting area until further notice.