Conduct of The Prides

The above photo is the map of the prides, art by Kate Shelton

Ranks within the prides are nearly the same as they are in Warriors, the only difference applies to the leaders. The sole leader of the pride (the descendant of the past king and queen) is the only leader that receives the suffix "star". The nine lives, however, are split between the king and queen once they have chosen their mate, the sole leader having five lives and their mate taking four. If one leader passes away and the other takes a new mate, no new lives are given to the new mate. This is a list of all of the ranks, and their specified differences.

King- Male leader of the pride, dominant lion that defends the pride up most and leads battles.

Queen- Female leader of the pride, dominant lioness that makes the big decisions. She also sorts disagreements/ compromises with other prides. She is essentially is the representative and diplomat of the pride.

Sole Leader- The king or queen that was the first born of the last leaders.

Steward- Second in command, can be male or female (most commonly female). Helps lead the pride when the Queen or King is unable to. These lions are not next in line for the throne.

Prince/ Princess- First born son or daughter of the King and Queen, they always have the suffix- rise, to symbolize the rise of a new leader in the pride. These lions are next in line for the throne and spend most of their time learning from their parents and the wisers.

Healers- Can be male or female, essentially the medicine cats of the pride. They care for the sick/ injured and share with the Pride of Stars.

Warriors- Male and female hunters and defenders of the pride. Their job is to provide for the rest of the pride and protect what belongs to them.

Apprentices- Cubs 5 moons and older training to be warriors or healers.

Nurses- Nursing lionesses with cubs.

Wisers- Essentially the elders of the pride. Others care for them but the wisers are highly respected for their knowledge and experience.

Just like in Warriors there is a code of honor all Pride lions are to follow.

Law of the Prides

Do not hunt any prey on another pride's territory, if prey is to cross the border it becomes the other pride's.

Defend your pride with your life.

Honesty is what keeps trust and loyalty strong, speak truthfully always.

The king and queen's word is law.

If a king or queen is to die before the other, and there is no heir to lead the pride if the remaining leader decides to resign, the remaining leader must take a new mate to rule beside them within one moon.

Cubs must not be made apprentices before they are five moons of age.

A true warrior does not kill to win.

If a cub is in danger no matter what pride it belongs to, a lion is to rescue it.

Wisers are to be respected, and their advice taken to heart. Their knowledge is what keeps the prides' roots alive.

Healers must not take a mate- the pride is their kin.

The first born offspring of the king and queen is to be the heir to the throne.

Stewards are not meant to take the place of a king or queen- only the first born prince or princess is to be the next leader of the pride.

During the full moon, a meeting of all the prides is to be held. A truce is to be held during this meeting.