The New Girl

{ Simon's POV }

I was ready to send the new girl running, even if she wasn't a nanny. I saw her walking with my father and her head was bowed. I heard the door open and the rest of us walked downstairs. "Hello children. This is Silver, she is our new friend and she's going to be staying with us for a while. Say hello dear."

Our father said. Silver lifted her head and she had a black eye and a swelled lip. "Holy hell! Whatever happened to you?!" I yelled and she flinched and pulled her hat over her face. "Simon!" Mr Brown yelled.

"It's okay." Silver said and walked to the door and walked out. "Simon Brown! Go to your room and stay there until I get you!" Mr Brown shouted, his face red and contorted with anger. I stormed up the stairs and slammed the door.

I looked out the window and saw Silver sitting on the doorstep, her eyes shut as she sat there. I could barely see, but I could see teardrops. I opened the window and I climbed out. I climbed down and landed in the garden with an omph.

"Ow." I muttered and got out of the bushes with a wince. I sat next to Silver and she looked at me. "What?" Silver asked, my one eye that wasn't swelled shut stared at him. "Look I'm sorry okay?" I said and looked at her. "What happened to your eye though?" I asked and she moved her head to the side so her hair was covered the shut eye.

"My last foster family. The father thought I had beat his actual children. So he slapped me, and then he started slashing at me with knives. That's how I got these."

And Silver pulled up her sleeves and there were cuts everywhere, covered by thin bandages that seemed to be made of some sort of shirt type thing.

"Well come on. We'll get you some proper ones." I said and she followed me back inside. "I really am sorry." I said and she nodded. "It's okay. I know how I must look. Terrible." Silver said and I shook my head. "No actually. You look fine. But I have to say, the baby looks better then you do right now."

I said and she snorted. "Obviously. If you're trying to scare me away, it's not a very smart idea. Because I am a prankster myself Simon Brown." Silver said and I raised my eyebrows. "What have you done?"

I asked. "A lot of things that got me kicked out." Silver said as she wrapped bandages around her wrists. "Well let me introduce you to my siblings. Tora is the oldest girl, then Eric, then Lily, and then Sebastian and Chrissie who are twins and then Aggie the baby."

And Silver smiled weakly.

"Pleased to meet you all." She said and walked out of the room. I looked at my siblings. "What's wrong with her? Did you put her through the wringer Simon?"

Eric asked. "Already?!" Sebastian almost shouted. "But I was just starting to like her!" Chrissie yelled. "I didn't do anything I swear!"

I yelled and they stopped immediately. "Then what's wrong?!"

They all yelled at once. "I'll be back." And I ran downstairs, my eyes wide as I raced after Silver.

{{ Silver's POV }}

"Silver!" I heard Simon and I turned around. "What is it? What's wrong? Did you step on the toad? Did my father try to hurt you? Did Miss Blatherwick try something?"

He asked and I shook my head. "Simon please calm down. Nothing's wrong. I just... needed a moment." I said and he looked at me.

"Then what's wrong? No one ever needs minute unless there is something seriously wrong." He said and I looked at him.

"I appreciated you introducing me to your siblings, but it only reminds me what I left behind in the last foster home. My two siblings weren't taken with me. They tried to stop him but they just got hurt when they tried to protect me."

I said and looked down at my arm which was covered in bandages. "Your little siblings?" Simon said and I nodded. "Yeah. Sarah and Freya." I said and crouched, my hands in the dirt. "They used to love going outside with me. We ran in the fields for miles around and then if we were lucky, we'd get to ride the donkey or the pigs." I said and stood up. "It was the best times we'd have in that house ever." I said.

Simon looked at me. "You'll be safe here." He said and I looked at him. "Just wish my siblings could say the same." I said and looked at the ground. "Come on. Let's go inside."

Simon said and I shrugged. "Fine by me." I said and he nudged me. "Well come on then." He said and I raced him inside, not caring whether my clothes got dirty or not. I walked in.

"Oh my heavens! What have you done my dear?" And I saw Mrs Brown standing. I looked down and saw that blood was soaking through my bandages. "It's nothing really."

I said but she was already unwrapping the bandages. "Oh my dear! What happened?!" She said and I shook my head. "It's nothing." I said and she shook her head.

"Doesn't look like nothing." She said and looked at Simon. "He didn't do anything." I said and he nodded. "It was my old foster home." I said and she hugged me. "You poor dear." She said and I shook my head.

"It's worse for..." And I slammed my jaw shut. "What do you mean? It's worse for who?" Mrs Brown asked. "Nobody." I said, looking at Simon and begging him with my eyes not to say anything about my sisters.

He nodded and I bit my lip and looked down. I walked away, my eyes burning with tears. I wiped my eyes furiously as I walked away.

I walked out of the house and took off my jacket and my shirt, and I walked into the fields, my eyes burning with tears of pain.

I dove into the swimming pool and I swam around. I dove under the water and smiled as I swam around. The next time I went up for air, I saw Simon standing there.

"What do you need?" I asked, my eyebrows raised as he took off his shirt and dove in. "Oh nothing. Just going for a swim." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"And it has nothing to do with the fact that I ran off and now am half naked in a pool?" I asked, looking at him. "Nope." He said and I dove down and kicked him and he yelped and dove after me.