❅ s n o w d a y ❅ [ANGST]

This isn't a request just something I thought up. This takes place after the CORE incident, somewhat far into their relationship ☻.

DESCRIPTION: While the the two are lying in bed together on a particularly chilly day in Snowdin, memories that Gaster would rather forget start resurfacing. It's the first time he's ever had a panic attack infront of Asgore and the king is completely clueless on what to do.

     Gaster couldn't exactly wrap his skull around how there was a snow storm going on at the moment, but, there was. Perhaps Alphys was doing something to the mechanism that allowed it to snow?
Who knows. Despite being used to chilly weather, it was far too cold to really be out and about. It was Saturday and Asgore was over at the little house Gaster had in Snowdin ever since getting out of the void.

    The two were in the scientist's bed, near falling asleep. It wasn't very late yet but they had both been simply lying around and talking for the past few hours, so they felt a bit sluggish. Asgore wrapped his arms around the other man as they lied next to each other and Gaster smiled in response. He leaned into Asgore's touch and warmth with a small content sigh.

    Today was nice- it really was. They shared a warm embrace, only able to hear each other's steady breathing and the quiet roaring of the wind outside of Gaster's window. One of the King's hands trailed up to Gaster's head and slowly caressed it. He'd usually enjoy small touches like this but then Asgores hand got closer to them... to those cracks that he despised so much. Those cracks on his skull that were there only to remind him of what happened.
How careless Gaster had been...
How stupid...
How lonely and scared he was-

Then Asgore's fingers reached them.

The moment Gaster felt it he jolted and flinched back, causing Asgore to open his eyes and loosen his grip on the other man, confused but mostly worried.
"Are you alright love?" He asked in a groggy yet concerned tone, looking at his boyfriend. Gaster responded with a quick stammer, "Yes.. just- uhm- that part of my head it's..." then it clicked.
An apologetic look danced over Asgore's features.
"Oh-! I'm sorry Gaster, I'll be more careful next time..." His hand retracted from Gaster's head and moved back down to his torso as the two relaxed against each other again.

Gaster could still feel it. His skull stung a bit where Asgore had touched it, the area around the cracks were sensitive no matter how much he tried to heal them. It didn't hurt enough to really be a big issue in itself but it was just enough to be noticeable.
Just enough to keep him aware of it and focused on it.
Focused on the cracks in his skull. How big they were. How noticeable they were.
How.. frightening they were.

And eventually, how they got there.

Oh god. How fucking stupid he was.
They were there and they were a permanent show of how stupid he was.
It could have been prevented. It could have been prevented. It was all his fault. Years of suffocating loneliness with no escape... An unexplainable amount of dread and hopelessness... Such a traumatic experience that effected his daily life. It filled the once simply nervous Gaster with endless amounts of fear and anxiety.
And it was his fault.
Oh god it was all his fault.

"There's something wrong with the CORE!! It's unstable!!! You can't be in here sir!" An assistant shouted. The whole room was shaking. She stood at the end of the bridge while Gaster was well on his way to the middle of it.