iv

jungeun could honestly say she's never felt this way for anyone as she does for jinsoul now. her heart has never sped up at the sight of so quickly as it does when she sees jinsoul. jungeun felt like jinsoul was a book in a library that caught her eye every time she went. that one book she always has to pick up and look through. jinsoul had managed to take her heart, lock it up and throw away the key. whenever jungeun was in public, even a little sprout of blonde hair would captivate her attention, hoping inside that it was jinsoul. a smile would find its way upon jungeun's mouth every time she thought about the older girl. music lecture was particularly her favorite part of the day. she and jinsoul had a habit of sitting next to each other, no matter what part of the class. mr. park took notice to this and payed close attention to the two. it didn't take long for the pieces to connect in his head. in fact, anybody could see this directly. the tension was thick but you could also see the softer side of the pair. the smiles that they shared, the hand holding. people were already suspecting they were dating and if not, they definitely knew a crush was going on somewhere.

it had been a month since jungeun and jinsoul became friends and it's safe to say they're more than comfortable with each other. of course they'd have their moments of affection, or even more, but it was comfortable. harmless flirting here and there, more on jinsoul's side since she's more outgoing and outspoken. jungeun never knew how to reply to jinsoul's flirting so she'd just stand there and blush. jinsoul took pride in that and would tease the younger girl any chance she gets. jungeun and jinsoul could feel themselves getting closer to the other and to be honest, it scared jungeun a bit.

jungeun had never been this close to anyone before. her social anxiety didn't allow it. yerim is her best friend of course but jinsoul was on a different level of the spectrum. jungeun never really took the time to analyze the fact that she's close with her crush. she's been so caught up that she hadn't noticed she's merely inches away from getting the girl she wants. fingertips away from capturing jinsoul's heart for good.

the older girl already had feelings for her but these could go deep. jinsoul's relationship history isn't exactly a good one and not one she'd want to share. it's something jinsoul has managed to bury deep inside her mind and somehow jungeun stepped on it and pushed it further. when she thought of jungeun, nothing else came about.

jinsoul once had a small crush on a girl named kahei. bright smile, cute giggle, pretty eyes. although, jinsoul couldn't think of kahei without thinking of her past. she eventually pushed kahei away and stopped talking to her. it was for her own good. it's like her memories were a fly that would constantly buzz in her ear. every time jinsoul inched away, it'd come back, buzzing louder and louder.

but with jungeun it was different.

the buzzing lessoned and it eventually stopped. all because of a shy girl who managed to captivate jinsoul's attention, mind and heart.

-

jinsoul and jungeun sat across from each other in the library, studying their notes for their music lecture. it was quiet but comfortable. all that could be heard was the scratching of a pencil and the small sighs that escaped jungeun's mouth. jinsoul stole glances at her and looked away when the younger girl looked up at her.

there's no way she's this beautiful.

a smile sketched its way upon jinsoul's face as she shamelessly watched jungeun now. her eyes scanned the slim but strong jaw structure of jungeun. they moved to her cheeks, which sat full upon her face. then to the slope of her nose which was at almost a perfect symmetric shape.

"you're staring."

"i know," jinsoul breathed out and kept a steady gaze on the younger girl. jungeun's face lit up with a red tint as she kept her eyes on her notes, too shy to connect eyes with jinsoul. jungeun could feel her ears burning as she sat under the fiery gaze of the blonde in front of her.

"jinsoul," she called out.

"beautiful," jinsoul replied and smiled as she watched jungeun push her face into her hands. "stop that," jungeun said as she ran a hand through her hair. she felt as if she was sitting in front of a fire place due to her face and body heating quickly.

"stop what?" jinsoul coyly asked as she leaned her face on her hand, an amused smile on her face. jungeun looked at her with a pointed look and jinsoul couldn't help the giggle that flowed through the air between them. "am i not allowed to admire art?" jinsoul asked and raised an eyebrow. jungeun looked away from her and smiled. "exactly. now if you don't mind, i'd like to finish what i was doing," jinsoul said and cupped her other hand to her face and intently watched jungeun.

she found it amusing at the fact that jungeun squirmed under her gaze and blushed intently. she knew of the impact she had on her and she was doing to use that to her advantage. "you are so beautiful," jinsoul spoke and jungeun laid her head on the table.

"is this for your entertainment?", jungeun asked from the corner of her elbow. jinsoul laughed again which caused jungeun to smile. "yes, but i also love staring at you," jinsoul answered and jungeun snorted before raising her head.

"you're the one who deserves to be stared at," jungeun fired back confidently and jinsoul squinted her eyes at her. "are you..are you calling me pretty?" jinsoul asked and gasped dramatically.

"shut up," jungeun spoke before laughing and finishing up her notes. she would never get used to jinsoul's flirting towards her. it was like learning how to ride a bike. it takes you a while to get used to it.

"let's go on a date," jinsoul said, her nerves suddenly making their way through her body. jungeun's hand froze in place before she slowly looked up. she searched jinsoul's eyes and found nothing but seriousness. "d-date?" she stuttered out and jinsoul nodded.

"yeah but if you don't want to, it's okay. whatever you want," jinsoul spoke and jungeun quickly shook her head. "no. what you want matters just as much as what i want," she said quickly and jinsoul grinned. "since when did you get so well spoken?" she played and she felt a foot hit her lightly in the shin. "stop talking before i cancel our date," jungeun threatened and jinsoul smirked.

"so you agree?" jinsoul asked and jungeun blushed. she locked eyes with jinsoul before nodding her head. "yes," she whispered and placed her hand on the hand jinsoul had resting on the table.

jinsoul packed up her things before walking to jungeun's side and grasping her hand and pulling her up.

"what-", jungeun asked before getting cut off by jinsoul pulling her into a tight hug. jungeun quickly wrapped her arms around the taller girls neck and pulled her closer, if that was possible.

they stayed there for a few seconds before jinsoul pulled back. she stared at jungeun before quickly leaning in and placing a kiss on the younger girl's cheek. a small gasp left jungeun's mouth as she stared up at jinsoul, who was blushing like crazy and avoiding her gaze.

"what was that for?" she asked softly, tilting her head in curiosity and awe. jinsoul intertwined both of their hands in between them and smiled slightly.

"it's me saying thank you," jinsoul spoke and jungeun pulled a confused face. "thank you for what? i didn't do anything," she answered and jinsoul shook her head.

"you did more than enough."

-

hehe chapter four. from here, we'll be indulging inside jinsoul and jungeun's relationship.

did y'all watch the favorite music video?? it was fucking amazing. although, vivi didn't have any lines. i hope it's different for their actual debut.

anyway, enjoy this chapter i apologize for typos and grammar errors. votes and comments are appreciated.

- a