Chapter Three : Hogwarts

"Woah!" exclaimed Elias as he spun on himself, chin high towards the sky.

The magical sky of the Great Hall was full of pure white clouds, softly floating around under the influence of an invisible wind. The stars were hidden on this beautiful afternoon, but Elias was as blown away by the beauty of the landscape as he was every single time that he saw it. He knew that it drove his father crazy, but he couldn't help it: even the smallest show of magic was amazing in his mind, after spending his whole childhood in a magicless world.

They were supposed to meet Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts's headmaster, who had hired Elias, in the Great hall. He was an old friend of Argus. Dumbledore was only a vague souvenir in Elias' mind, who had met him personally only a few times. Still, he remembered the man to be kind to him and his father.

Getting to Hogwarts had been something, but Elias was glad he was finally there. They had driven all the way to the castle, as they couldn't take the train, as it only departed two days later. In the last days, Elias hadn't been able to contain his excitement. He'd spent hours making his luggage, making sure that he'd have everything he needed- and a bit more.

He'd hidden it from his father, but he'd also tried on his dark wizard robes and Hogwarts uniform a few times. Elias couldn't wait for the Hogwarts crest to finally be woven on his clothes. In which house was he going to be in? Was he even going to get sorted? The clothing rules for teachers were less strict than for students, but Elias still thought that wearing the uniform was the best option. After all, he was only an assistant. He was kind of like an intern. Or was it only a muggle thing?

Still, Elias was very excited to see the term start. There had been no other incident since meeting Flint and the twins at Diagon Alley, and even if she hadn't sent a letter in the end, Elias was sure that he'd be able to make new friends.

"Ah, Argus!" exclaimed a soft voice behind them. The Filch's turned to see Hogwarts' headmaster walking towards them, in silvery grey robes. He looked full of energy despite his old age. With a long beard, small glass upon his long nose and wrinkles detailing his face, Dumbledore looked good for his respectable age.

"And Elias! Glad to see you made it!" he said nicely. Argus nodded at him respectfully. Elias just smiled.

"Have you made a nice trip?"

"Yes," answered both Argus and Elias at the same time. They looked at each other. Elias smiled.

"Good, good," answered Dumbledore with a peaceful expression. "Let's get started. First, Elias, I am very happy that you have decided to join us."

As if I'd refuse! Thought Elias.

"Argus, as always, it is a pleasure to have you back."

Argus nodded proudly. Elias smiled.

"Take this as a little briefing before you get familiar with Hogwarts," continued the old man. Elias was immediately made at ease by the calm and confident tone of the headmaster.

"As you probably know, this year, Hogwarts will be home to the Triwizard tournament."

"The what?" asked Elias with a frown.

Dumbledore sent a confused look towards Argus. Elias' father looked away.

"...Argus will explain the details later," explained Dumbledore, "for now, you must know that we will welcome three times as much students as usual in the school. Therefore, we have decided to hire more help: you. You will assist Professor Snape in potion making class, as your skills have been deemed sufficient to accomplish such tasks. You will also follow Herbology classes in order to deepen your knowledge of ingredients and plants, as well as helping out Professor Sprout with her many classes. Finally, you will work with Argus as a caretaker during your free time."