chapter 7

***

***

Lately I was feeling like something dark was getting closer and closer. The sensation of being watched was becoming unbearable. It was following me every where I went, but when I glanced over my shoulder to see, there was never anybody there.

That day one of my professors thought of putting the whole class in groups and I ended up in one of the worst. There were me, Miyeong, Chanyeol, Dokyung and three other guys who were supposed to do the work and I was the only one that cared about getting a passing grade. I did really badly at the last exam in that subject and I really didn't need another fail. I still wasn't surprised that the others didn't care about that and Dokyung just threatened us to do the project well before she went shopping, while one of the three other students was at least decent enough to give us some money for the work. That was how I found myself stuck in the library with Miyeong and Chanyeol.

There were piles of books all around us, I was struggling to make notes and the two of them weren't being of any help. Miyeong was carelessly swinging on her chair, counting the money that the student gave us and grinning at the thought of the food and alcohol that we were going to spend it for. Chanyeol on the other hand was dying from boredom and pushing himself around the library on his rolling chair. It was barely fifteen minutes when he returned back to our table and whined: '' Is it going to be done soon? I'm bored and I hate libraries. This place is so quiet that I can hear all of my thoughts. ''

I elbowed him and signalled him to speak more quietly. '' You aren't being of any help, so you might as well just go. ''

'' Really? Can I really go? '' His eyes instantly brightened up in enthusiasm.

I groaned and glared at him in anger. '' Of course not, idiot. I said that only because I hoped that it would make you feel bad and start working. ''

He frowned and elbowed me back. '' Tch? Who are you calling an idiot? You are the idiot, arm rest. ''

'' That's not how you convince a guy to do what you want. I'll show you what I do when a guy tries to tell me no and it works every single time, '' Miyeong spoke up and raised her head. She wasn't bothering to keep quiet either and I noticed some of the university guards eyeing us and wondering if they should throw us out of the library. Instead she turned towards Chanyeol, grabbed the sleeve of his baggy shirt, put on the worst nasally and cute voice that she possibly could and started: '' Oppa! Stop sitting on your ass and help us with this group project! Come on, Oppa, use that brainless head of yours for once! Oppa! ''

She was half acting cute and half insulting Chanyeol and somehow it worked. He slightly blushed, grinned and picked up one of the books on our table. I on the other hand glared at Miyeong and seriously muttered: '' You are making it sound like you were doing any work in the first place. ''