Chapter 2

James sat in a brightly lit, professional looking room, at a table surrounded by white-coated figures. "I tailed the trolls back to trollmarket, and I have it's exact location. All we need to do is strike with haste and force- the trolls have no modern weapons and our tranquilizer darts are in the final test phase."

One figure stood and started pacing, head bent over clasped hands. "How can we be sure that we can trust your information? After all, isn't your son one of them, or at least half? His properties could be uniquely valuable to us, alive or... dead. Could you handle that?" James nodded, eyes flashing with barely suppressed annoyance. "Of course. That creature is not my son- when I visited him and Barbara it was simply a test to see how receptive he would be to my presence.

My only condition is that we take these specific trolls alive-" He slid a sheet across the table before continuing, "-one is the elder, their main leader. If we get him it will aid us in controlling the rest, not that there should be many problems with that. The other is his mate, and the trollhunter is very close to them. Get them and it makes everything else much easier."

The other figures whispered amongst themselves, quickly coming to an agreement as one spoke. "We strike as soon as the darts are ready, preferably during the day to limit their exits. This meeting is over. James, a moment please?" James and one figure stayed as the others left, and as the door closed behind them the figure whispered, "James, you have spoken of your loyalty, and you will prove it with actions. When we strike, you will lead the first attack force."

*A brief bit for you guys :D More to come!*