Chapter 28

As a performer, there are times when you feel just so— inexplicably invested in a performance. All you hear, see, feel, and think is what you're doing. It gives off such an amazing energy and it's what makes the audience so intrigued. However there are also often times in which the complete opposite is the case.

Chanyeol felt as if all the energy was drained out his soul. Last night was supposed to be his last before the break, but of course, shit always happens. They were offered a last minute gig that was just too good to turn down. The concert last night was already awful, Chanyeol was incapable of feeling inspired and in the mood to perform and everybody could sense it.

The whole crew was worried that this wouldn't fade anytime soon.

This morning they had to literally demand an extra key for poor Yixing to get into Chanyeol's damn hotel room. He had locked himself in immediately after the concert, and drank himself into oblivion. Which of course consisted of him drunk dialing Baekhyun and leaving an unnecessary amount of slurred voicemails.

Yixing had nearly barreled down the door before he was able to get in with the spare key, grimacing immediately at the stench of alcohol.

"Damnit Park! Get up we're leaving in an hour!"

Chanyeol felt like he was hit by a truck, and could only groan at this point. Opening his eyes stung, accompanied with the notorious nausea and dry throat. He had plenty of experience with hangovers, however this one was accompanied with a strange chest pain that was indescribable. He figured it'd subside as the day continued but it felt quite unbearable.

Upon checking his phone, he realized he was a big dumb idiot and had called Baekhyun an unnecessary amount of times and left him several messages. Although his heart sank a bit when realizing Baekhyun hadn't responded to anything. Not that he could blame him, he wasn't exactly sure what all of the messages consisted of but he knew it wasn't good either way. Plus he made a huge mistake and felt horrible.

The best thing he could do now is push it behind him and just keep the facade up for one more day. He had to keep reminding himself to keep his head up but it was abnormally tough. All he felt like doing was rolling up under all his blankets and never resurfacing. The pain in his chest made it difficult to actually do stuff.

He slowly pulled his phone and regretfully began to listen to his drunken voicemails.

~~~

It would truly be a sight to see a raggedy red-haired boy sprinting across town and nearly running into every possible obstacle.

Baekhyun had gone into panic mode as he raced back to the bar. Unfortunately he had made it quite far before realizing he'd left his phone. Why couldn't he have realized a mile earlier? He mentally cursed to himself while continuing to run wildly though the streets.

His hangover didn't aide in the slightest with all of his running, and soon he became more and more nauseous.

Oh, God.

Baekhyun had to stop running immediately before finding the nearest bush and vomiting the poisonous contents he'd consumed the night before.

Now he remembered why he hated drinking so much. Passerby's didn't give a second glance to the poor boy vomiting into the bush, not even an offer of help. That's how it was nowadays— people are all too concerned with their own materialistic life to help others.

After finally finishing his stomach felt delightfully better, and relief flooded through him. He stumbled into the nearest liquor store and purchased some snacks and a water, upon request of his grumbling stomach.

Hardly after leaving the store, he broke into a run, yelling a muffled "Thanks" to the cashier with the candy still hanging out his mouth.

Goddamnit Baekhyun, why are you so out of shape?

Eventually he rounds the corner of the correct street, and slows his pace. He chugs his water while entering the building a complete panting and sweaty mess.

Jongdae looks surprised and alarmed at the sight, wondering what in hell happened to the boy.

"Phone.... Bathroom..." Baekhyun managed before falling over and panting hysterically into the table.

Looking at the empty water bottle, Jongdae goes behind the counter to get water for the boy—who is apparently hyperventilating to death— and set it on the table for him.

"Are you good?" Jongdae asked with a bit of a chuckle, his familiar and kind aura calming to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded into his arms and coughing a bit. He regrets not joining the sports team in high school, but also realizes why he didn't.

Recovering enough, he made his way to the bathroom, bursting into every stall with a nerve wracking hope.

And of course it's the last one he checked, his eyes scanning the area frantically before finding his phone on the ground behind the toilet.

Grimacing at the scene, he reached for his phone, extremely cautious that he wouldn't touch anything too unsanitary. Of course it's dead however, and he just will have to wait to find an appropriate charging source to see the millions of messages Chanyeol left him. Although he hadn't expected anyone to be calling him...

As he leaves the bar for the second time, he triple checks he has all of his belongings before setting off.

hi 911? can you please get your ass over here and arrest this bitch for writing a 900 word chapter that still somehow took a month to create? stupid bitch.
🙄