Surprise! Part 2

"Because I'm with till the end of the line pal." Bucky broke at the words that fell out of Steve's mouth. He grasped onto his uniform with out warning as he caused Steve to fling backwards. That resulted in Bucky landing on top of him and not letting Steve wiggle out until Bucky's moment was over. Steve looked down and still saw the sadness that littered Bucky's face. He knew about Bucky's past, which just made it sadder that Bucky had felt forgotten on his favorite day of the year. His birthday is the only time Bucky can let loose and forget about HYDRA and all about his tortuous past. He loves to see Bucky that way. When Steve asks him if he'll dance at some songs, and then the way Bucky blushes when their hands intertwine. Steve is snapped back to reality as Bucky speaks barely above a whisper.
        " I love you too, punk. I'm sorry for lashing out on you. I just... can't believe you forgot." Steve wipes away a tear that escaped Bucky's eye.
        " Oh Buck, I would never forget your birthday. Just...follow me." Bucky was startled as he got dragged out of the bed. He saw Steve smirk as he yelped at the sudden movement. Steve turned to Bucky and looked him up and down. When he met Bucky's eyes he saw the pink that crept onto his soft sculpted cheeks. He reached up and caressed it as he felt the heat growing and the shade darkening a startling amount. Steve grins and takes it off and replaces Bucky's cheek with his keys to lock their apartment. Bucky was still being dragged along as Steve was heading full speed for Bucky's favorite resteraunt, Red Robin. Bucky started to feel excited and like a kid again. Steve turned around and noticed that Bucky's eyes were lightning up with excitement that replaced the hurt and anger he was feeling only minutes before. He loves Bucky with his whole heart, and it's hard to explain, but he hopes Bucky gets it. When they walk in it's pitch black. Bucky turns to Steve and titles his head sideways like a confused puppy. He can still see Bucky and he smiles to himself. Suddenly the lights flicker on and the avengers all pop out from there hiding spots. Bucky snorts when he sees Clint and Natasha poke their heads out from the robin with balloons tied to each of the ex-assasins wrists. He could feel his smile growing brighter as the superhero's yell SURPRISE!!!! In Bucky's face as he was already stunned from the crew getting together just for him. When he regained his composure he immediately turned to Steve and smiled his biggest smile. He took Steve's calloused hands in his and laced their fingers together. He heard the crew's 'wHoOpS' in the background and chuckled when he clearly heard Nat scream, "FINALLY!! IT TOOK LONG ENOUGH!!" He turned to laugh but as soon as he did Steve grabbed his face and turned it toward his. Steve and Bucky locked eyes as Steve took a shaky breath and let out, "I love you, jerk."
Bucky smiled back and whispered, "Love ya too, punk." They finally closed the gap as the team cheered in the back. They finally pulled apart for air as Steve breathed, "Happy birthday Buck."