Bodies in Time

Bodies in Time

by KC & DanKitti

Zsa Zsa Gabor awakened and stretched, prepared to begin a new day. But as she looked around, she noticed the room was different. In a bed next to hers was a man who looked familiar. She then realized that the man was Fred Mertz! Zsa Zsa began to panic and stumbled out of bed. As she got up, she saw herself in the mirror, and realized she had awakened in the body of Ethel Mertz. Before she could contemplate this situation, there was a knock on the front door and a familiar voice called out, "Open up Ethel, it's me, uh, Lucy!"

Ethel opened the door and Lucy stepped into the Mertz apartment. But it wasn't really Lucy, as it was, in fact, rock singer Belinda Carlisle, who, in turn, had awakened in the body of Lucy Ricardo. Meanwhile, Ricky Ricardo, who was in fact Ed McMahon, himself having awakened as Ricky Ricardo, was auditioning acts for his Club Baba Lou. The only one who was really who they were supposed to be was Fred Mertz.

Later, in the afternoon, after David Crosby had awakened in the body of Little Ricky, and Lucy, Ethel, Fred and Little Ricky were eating a late lunch, there was a knock on the door. It was the Jetsons, who had decided to spend their vacation using their new time machine, which was the newest product put out my Spacely Sprockets, which was expanding its line of merchandise, due to the fact that the time machine had revealed that sprockets would soon be obsolete.

Of course the Jetsons had been watching reruns of "I Love Lucy" for several hundred years because of the time machine, and felt they knew the Ricardos and Mertzes personally. Apparently Zsa Zsa, Belinda, Ed and David had not devoted enough of their time to "I Love Lucy", because the Jetsons soon realized that something was very wrong. Only Fred seemed to remember the favorite moments that the Jetsons asked probing details about. The others barely seemed to remember at all! Needless to say, the Jetsons were irritated by this development after travelling all the way to 1950s New York City. They were about to return to their century and reveal that Fred was the true hero of "I Love Lucy" when Lucy began to sing some old Go-Gos songs while Little Ricky sang background harmonies that had not been heard since the 1996 CSN&Y album, "The Reunion of the Reunions".

It was Elroy who finally solved the problem. He guiltily realized that his "Barbie and Ken Body Exchange Game" had been accidently plugged into the landing module of the time machine, causing disruption in the times they flew through just before landing. To say the least, this had caused a mess in the 1980s and 1990s. Belinda Carlisle's concert tour was cancelled, when her fans heard her singing like Lucy Ricardo. The Johnny Carson Show actually improved its ratings as Ed McMahon continually upstaged both Johnny and Doc Severinson with his renditions of Babaloo. There was a renewed interest in David Crosby, as his singing style abruptly changed to a kind of wailing and babyish babbling, causing a new slant on his old songs. Strangely, Zsa Zsa Gabor's career didn't change much, except that her fans decided that her age had finally caught up with her, but they loved her just the same.

It took the Jetsons several weeks to get the situation straightened out, not only getting everyone back in their right bodies, but hypnotizing everyone involved so that it would all be forgotten. Needless to say, Mr. Spacely was furious when George Jetson showed up at work two weeks late.