Chapter Nineteen

1 Month Later

"I feel like we're at some debutante ball," Afia said scoffing.

"They're all just so fake with the hair and the dramatic eye makeup," I said taking a sip of my mimosa. 

"I know. We need to make sure we hide that from Amelia. She probably can't wait to have this baby and down a drink," Afia said nodding towards my beverage. 

"Not unless she breastfeeds," I said taking another sip.

"We should see how long she lasts," Afia said walking over to where all the guests were.

"Okay ladies," Afia said as she clinked a fork against her glass to get everybody's attention. 

"We'd like to call a few of you up to say some something about Amelia," she said. 

"I'll go first," one of Amelia's friend said. 

"I wonder how this is going to pan out," I said to Afia as she came over to where I was standing.

"I'm just saying if it was me giving a speech about Amelia it wouldn't be nice," she said. 

*****

"What a lovely day," I said as I walked around the grounds of the country club in Calabasas. 

"It'd be even lovelier if there weren't any fake ass debutante chicks surrounding us with their perfect businessmen husbands." 

"Hey, you'll have a husband soon," I said taking a sip of my lemonade. 

"True," she said cracking a smile. 

"Hey baby," Jack said popping up beside us and leaning in to give Afia a kiss on the cheek. 

"Hey guys," I said waving my hand in their face out of jealousy. 

"Isn't that Nate over there," he said pointing off into the distance. 

"I think so," I said squinting my eyes. "One moment," I said walking over to where he was standing. 

"Hey Honey," he said giving me a kiss as I made my way over to him. 

"Glad you could make it." I said. 

"Hey," Afia said catching up to us at the exact same time we heard a knife clink against a glass. 

"Excuse me," Karina said clearing her throat to get everybody's attention.

"I'd like to thank Amelia's dear friends Afia and Reagan for planning this shower and to all of you for coming. And I'd like to extend a huge congratulations to parents-to-be Harrison and Amelia. I know the two of you will make the most wonderful parents and I absolutely cannot wait to see your baby boy grow up to be an amazing human being," she said. 

"Thank you," Amelia said waddling over to Karina to give her a hug. 

"And now it's time to eat!" Lindsay said. As the four of us made our way to our seats I could see Harrison looking at me from the corner of my eye. It took all of my being not to glance at him. I wasn't going to let him get to me. 

***

"This salad is actually pretty good," Afia said stuffing her face after the waiters served us our first course.

"Are you sure you're not pregnant," I said immediately covering my mouth.

"Hell no. Not right now at least," she said sticking her fork back into the salad and taking another bite. 

***

"I'm not gonna lie, the caterer did a pretty damn good job," I said after our meal was completed. 

"It kind of hurts me to say that I had a good time," Afia said. 

"Well we did plan it and we know how to throw a good party." 

"Not gonna lie our High School parties were pretty good," she said laughing at the thought of our high school days.

"I kinda miss it besides having to watch my back every minute around Amelia," I said.

"Um, Reagan I'm not trying to dismiss what you're saying but why the hell are Nate and Harrison talking."

"Fuck," I said quickly covering my mouth. 

"This is a family event," Lindsay said to me as she walked past. 

"Last time I checked the only kid that is here is the one Amelia's pregnant with," I said rolling my eyes. 

"I wonder what they're discussing because it looks pretty intense." 

"Obviously it's me. Whatever going on in my life is frankly none of Harrison's business," I said walking over to where they were standing. 

"Reagan no," Afia said grabbing me. 

"Nope, I"m saying something," I said shaking her off me. 

"Well I guess I'm coming with you, if there's a fight we'll be subject to Amelia's pregnant wrath and I am not in the mood today." 

"We're just going to have a friendly adult conversation that's all," I replied. 

A/N: Sorry this chapter kinda sucked and that it was short and that it ended at a weird place, I was just really eager to finish the baby shower chapter so I could start writing about some bigger things that will be coming in future chapters. Also sorry if it's poorly edited I just wanted to get Chapter Nineteen published as quickly as possible. I'll have a new update soon and if you're reading, thanks!