chapter one

[The picture above is your bedroom.]

(N/n) - nickname

«• • •»

"Nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world." Johnathan Byers said. "He's so rig-"

Knock! Knock!

"Come in."

Your mother walked into your room and shut the door behind her. Wearing a forced smile, she folded her arms behind her back. "Hello dear."

"Hi, mom." You replied, keeping your eyes glued onto your laptop. "I have wonderful news." She said in a cheery tone, swaying from side to side.

"Mhmm.."

"(Y/n), look at me when I'm talking to you." Your mother frowned, losing her fake cheeriness. You sighed and paused the episode. "Yes, mother?" You replied to her in a tone just as fake as hers.

She frowned more, slumping in her spot. "Thank you. But anyways. Me and your father were talking and.."

"And?"

"You're going to stay at a friend of your father's for the summer!" She exclaimed as my jaw dropped. "B-B-But I can't!" I stuttered out. "I had my whole summer planned out!"

"Doing what? Staying cooped up in this room watching Netflix and eating junk food?" Your mother asked, pointing towards your laptop and snacks. "Well... Yeah..." You mumbled.

"You needed some fresh air anyways.., and a fresh start." She glared towards you as your eyes became interested in your window.

"You need some friends (Y/n)."

"I stopped making "friends" when you and dad paid someone to pretend to be friends with me for two years." You hissed, crossing your arms. Your mother stayed silent with her head down.

They never really told you, but it was your mother's idea to pay someone's parent to convince their kid to be your friend.

"Parker was better then the ones in you go on about in your head."

Your head shot up, glaring at your mother's retreating figure. She was already heading out the door before you could get another word in. "Pack your things dear, you'll be leaving first thing tomorrow morning." She said closing the door. Rolling your eyes you fell back onto your bed.

'I can't believe they're sending me off to some unknown place for the summer with people I don't even know!'

"A place where more people get to be weirded out by me..." You said sadly, hugging a pillow. You shut down your laptop and put it on the charger. This was definitely coming with you. You walked over to your closet and pulled out your (f/c) duffle bag.

"Time to get to work..."

«• • •»

"Goodnight (Y/n)." Your father said stopping at your bedroom door. "Goodnight dad..." You said back, holding your doorknob. "...(Y/n)..? What's wrong...?" Your father asked setting his hand on your shoulder.

Did I forget to mention that out of both parents, your dad's the nicer one? He's supported you since day one. Your mother just convinces him otherwise...

"..." You stayed silent, gripping your doorknob tighter. "(Y/n).. You can-"

"I don't want to leave tomorrow..."