Bran Stark x Reed!reader

"My sister carries the weapons," the blond haired boy said, indicating to the girl who appeared out of the forest, clutching a knife which she placed at Osha's throat. The group continued to squabble, and the small girl perched in the tree above couldn't help but giggle at her siblings antics. Almost immediately regretting her giggle, (y/n) jumped from the tall oak tree to narrowly miss the spear that had been thrown her way. Not wanting to see his twin in harms way, Jojen quickly reached out his arms to catch the falling girl. "Thank you, jo," (y/n) said, clambering out of her brothers arms and onto the muddy ground, ruffling his hair as she went.
"So this one's with you, eh?" Osha said, nodding toward the girl.
"Yes, my name is (y/n)," she said, thinking it'd be needless to clarify the relation to the other two members of her party.
As they began to trek farther north, Bran began to ponder the likelihood of Jojen and (y/n) actually courting, they both looked awfully young, and it didn't make much sense to Bran as to why Jojen would bring his betrothed along on their treacherous journey. He could understand the necessity of Meera, after all she was substantially better with the weapons than her brother was. However other than climbing, (y/n) had yet to show any extraordinary talents. Maybe that was her job, to sit silently in the trees, awaiting a signal to attack, perhaps? To flee? Perhaps she was there to carry on the journey north if the others couldn't, or maybe to turn south and run for help, should a problem arise. That must be it, Bran thought, for he had never seen her run. That must be her talent.
At first he was unwilling to accept it, for Jojen had been good to him and he would never want to steal away his wife, but Bran began to fall for (y/n). The way her roughly chopped hair fluttered in the wind, how her eyes crinkled when she laughed at his jokes, or how her sweet sounding voice cutting through the cold winter air, all drove the young Lord insane. How could he fall for the girl betrothed to his most trusted adviser, most trusted friend?

The years passed quickly, and Bran began to wonder if perhaps Jojen and (y/n) would be wedded when they reached the three eyed raven. After all, it had been many years since he had met the pair together with Meera, and they had all grown so much since then. Suddenly, the idea (y/n) could be wed felt so normal, so obvious, but so scary. Bran tried to push the wretched thought from his mind. The soft sound of leaves rustling over head distracted him, he looked up to see the very girl his thoughts kept drifting to above him. Smiling slightly before dropping from the branch, (y/n) landed elegantly in her twins arms, Jojen to startled at the sudden appearance of his sister causing him to drop her in the snow.
"Ignore him, his mind's elsewhere, " Meera said, pulling (y/n) up. Dusting the snow from her cloak, (y/n) walked over to Bran. She plonked herself down on the ground next to him as the others busied themselves setting up camp.
"Not long now, eh, milord," she said, a hint of playfulness lacing her voice. Bran felt even more disheartened, feeling sure she now saw him as siblings. Cocking her head to the side, she gave a questioning look, "Bran, are you ok?" She took his hands in hers, "you would tell me, wouldn't you? If there was something bothering you? I hate to see you look so distraught, have I said something?"
The young Lord shook his head.
"Oh?" She pondered, "Meera then? Or Jo?"
Again, he shook his head.
"Ah," she said, turning his head so that he could look into her eyes, " I don't know much about what you can do, Jo seems hesitant to tell me, but I do know the even the average persons mind can be a dark and dangerous place. You needn't worry about a thing, whatever is plaguing your thoughts doesn't deserve the attention you're paying it "
He sighed, wishing it to be true. "Thank you, (y/n)," he said before smiling, letting her climb back up to the safety of the trees. Unbeknownst to both Bran and (y/n), Meera and Jojen were smiling as they heard the conversation behind them as they began collecting firewood. "You should talk to him! He's probably not acting out of respect for you!" Meera whined, "they're both quite clearly head over heals for one another" after a long pause,
"You don't suppose he thinks we, as in me and (y/n), are betrothed?" Jojen asked, to which the pair both began to laugh.
"Alright, I suppose I should tell him it's ok," Jojen said, turning back to talk to Bran.
He gazed up at the canopy, before glancing back down at Bran, "I see the way you look at her, you know," he said, once again glancing to to trees, " I want you to know that we're friends, and I trust you, and that I am not angry with you,"
Bran nodded, considering Jojen to be warning him -not angry, yet- is what he took it to be.
It wasn't until weeks later Bran learned the truth, in the most brutal, ugly way possible. Meera was on the verge of a breakdown, understandably, at the sight of her younger brother being torn apart. But (y/n)? (y/n) was beyond distraught, kicking and screaming to get to her twin after being hauled over Meera's shoulder. She felt felt every stab, cut and bite Jojen did. Tears streamed down her face as she desperately tried to scramble away from her sisters hold and into the arms of the corpse of her brother. Once safety inside the cave Meera began to grab all the weapons they had.
"No," Bran whispered, holding onto (y/n).
"That's my baby brother! Let me get my baby brother! Look at how much it's hurting her!" Meera screamed. Bran shook his head, whispering softly to (y/n), that she'd be alright, that she was safe. "She can't lose you too, she can't lose her best friend and betrothed on the same day," Bran said softly, looking down at (y/n) and stroking her hair. The cave fell silent. Meera glared at Bran, no one had ever looked so angry before. Maybe she thought it insensitive to bring up the relationship between the three. Maybe she too knew of the way he looked at (y/n) and thought he was trying to take her brothers place. That's it, he thought, surely.
"She's. My. Sister," Meera seethed, apparently not noticing how he had referred to Jojen as her betrothed, "how dare you resort to calling her my friend! She is so much more!"
Meera grabbed (y/n)'s wrist, pulling her out of Brans arms and into her own, and (y/n)'s quiet sobs were now loud enough to be hear, "My twin! My Jo! He's dead!" She cried.
The young Lord suddenly felt so guilty for hating a relationship that never existed. "Meera, (y/n), I'm so sorry, you never did tell me you were sisters,  or that you and Jojen were twins, and I was too stupid to notice," Meera gave a small smile before letting (y/n) fall back into Brans arms, where he held her under a thick mountain of furs for a very long time.
-
>>You misunderstood the whole situation omg<< a prompt I remember seeing on tumblr that I am used to write this oneshot. This is the first oneshot so far I hope you like it, please request any ideas you have or let me know how I can improve, thank you- Loti x