Prologue

"She-she's beautiful."
A tall, lean, dark-skinned man-like fae was carefully cradling his sleeping newborn daughter, voice full of emotion, eyes full of awe.

"Of course she is, she's ours," an exhausted mermaid, recently out of labor, said to the father of the newly born child.

The man chuckled at his lover's familiar confidence , " I see your doing better, my beloved siren," Still carrying his daughter with utmost caution, he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to the woman's temple, eliciting a soft smile from the mermaid's face.

" Better? Oh, Pearl Goddess undersea, no. I won't be better until my dear fairy gives me a nice seaweed bath," a small laugh followed her statement as her lover transitioned the starting child from his arms to hers.

Holding her awakening daughter close, the newly-made mother smiled fondly at her drowsy daughter's face, tears of immense joy threatening to spill over. The infant had her father's beautiful, deep brown skin and onyx colored hair with silver highlights, already long enough to crown her plush baby-face. Big, bright sapphire-blue eyes, taking after her mother, sat lightly tilted upwards, long lashes framing them. Three tiny horizontal gills on her neck and small black web-fins at her ankles and wrists hinted at her mermaid blood, whilst four small nubs protruded from her back, revealing the presence of her upcoming fairy wings.

The small infant stared at the two beings above her, absorbing features that would soon become familiar to her, and reached up, wanting to get closer to the beings that were displaying so much love and so much joy in their faces, oblivious to the seed of worry that that's started to grow in her mother.

"How do you think they'll take it, Daemascus?" The note of distress was evident in her soft-spoken voice as she looked up at the man, who gave her a determined and reassuring smile back.

"It does not matter how they take it, I am the brother to a king, one of the most powerful positioned one could have. You are to be my wife. It doesn't matter who your brethren are, nothing and no one will separate us and our daughter. You know I'll fight for you, Celesten." Daemascus looked deep into her eyes as he knelt beside the bed where his family lay.

Celesten raised a hand to her future-husband's face, strong and passionate love reflecting in their in eyes, an unspoken promise to hold fast and be stark through troubled times that were to sure to come.

" I know you will, Daemascus. And I'll be damned if I let you fight alone. I'll, no, we'll always be right by your side."

The couple shared a soft, innocent kiss, full of strength and love, and spent many hours simply adoring their beautiful, hybrid daughter. Their daughter whom they named Aestus.

A/N: Yay, prologue complete! Pls review and tell me how y'all ( Yes, Y'ALL, from Texas<3) like it. And if y'all like it plz vote! I plan on updating soon, cuz I dislike waiting weeks for updates, so I shall have another chapter written within a week. IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS STORYYYYY, THOU SHALL NOT ABANDON! Bye~~~~~ I DREW THAT BTW, SO PROUD *crazy hair flipping commence*