Mission Gone Wrong

4.) And where do you think you're going?
15.) You can't hide from me.
20.) How the hell am I going to explain this? - aliens- aliens?
38.) don't cry, please don't cry.
38.) you my dear, are the reason I fight so hard
Crystlblu

    You sat in the middle of the wreckage, tears falling from your face. You held on to the scrapes of fabric that used to be part of your coat, your eyes tracking across the twisted and charred metal of what used to the jet. The burning sensation in you leg felt more like a dull ache, you knew you were bleeding but it's was like that didn't happen. Like the whole events over the last day never existed.
"And where do you think you are going?" Steve demanded as you boarded the jet.
    "Well let's see, I have my ass kicking boots on. My skinny cargos so I put six weapons on my body not including the one tightly secured under my tank and my bitchin' leather jacket." You quipped back, crossing your arms jutting your hip out daring him to tell you any different.
     "You're not ready." He replied sternly, brushing you as he went past.
     "The hell I'm not Steve." You yelled back, pivoting to face him as he flicked the controls on the craft. He walked back over to you, authoritively, his face stern as he look down at you. You held that stare, refusing to back down to him.
      "You're staying here, this one is going to be dangerous." His tone was crisp, you shook you head.
    "You don't get to decide, Fury has already cleared me. And because it's dangerous he's sending me in as well." You replied, keeping your voice level. "So suck it, Captain A cup, I'm coming too."
   Slowly you pulled yourself to your feet, your vision swam in and out of focus. You reached out bracing yourself on the hot metal of what used to be part of the cargo hold. Your stomach doing flips as you tried to reorient your bearings.
    You weren't sure how you made it out of the jet alive to begin with. You screwed your eyes shut tightly trying to will the last couple of hours to your brain.
"We're here, Steve." Sam announced from the cockpit of the craft. Steve's eye went to you immediately, he took a deep breath rising to his feet.
    "Alright, I want everyone to listen, and listen closely." He started, all eyes trained on him. "Clint, Sam, I need both of you as eyes and taking the enemy out from long distance. Natasha, I need you to get into the computer system and bring it down. Tony is going to keep these guys busy outside. Nat, I'll make sure you the time to get in to the computer."
    "Captain Rogers, what about me?" You piped up staring him straight in the eye. A tenseness fell in the air, you saw him clench his jaw.
    "You're staying in the jet." He stated, slowly starting to turn. 
     "The hell?" You shot up out of your seat.
      "Steve, she's earned every bit to be here as any of us." Tony stated softly placing his hand on Steve's shoulder.
     Your head throbbed as you took a cautious step forward, your movements jerky as they protested every second they were in use. You leaned against the metal as you pushed yourself forward. You needed to find the radio, you had to call out and find the rest of the team.
After Tony's insistence Steve decided to take you with him. You had left Nat to slip through an empty hall to where your intelligence said the computer room was. You hugged the wall with your back, keeping your gun out and trained on the floor.
"You know Cap, I'm beginning to think we're a little late for the party." Clint's voice came through your com unit clearly as you looked behind you, Steve's eyes connecting with with yours.
You should of realized it then, all of you knew something was off. A tightness spread through your chest as you peered around the corner of the hall in an open room. Dozens of heavily armed men lay dead. The skull and tendrils insignia plastered to their left arm left no doubt that this had been a hydra base. Their bodies were twisted, and distorted, backs arched bending almost in half.
"How the hell are we going to explain this?" Steve asked, clipping the shield back onto his back as he walked in.
"Aliens." You shrugged, going left, keeping close to the wall.
"Aliens?" He repeated looking over at you.
"Seems plausible to me, what else can twist a human body, besides our friendly raging green Hulk?" You replied, looking down the opening to another hall.
    You limped over to the fallen tree that part of the wreckage laid on. Slowly you eased yourself down on the rough bark, the pain in your leg was getting worse. You reached down, grasping the rip in your pants and pulled the fabric open. The burn ran from your knee to the top of your boot, and a deep gash was partially down the center.
     The wound bled slowly, oozing out and down your leg. The top of your boot slick with it, you lifted your eyes looking over at the cockpit.
     You should of stayed with Cap, but your curiosity had gotten the better of you as you snaked your way down the narrow hall. You lifted your gun as you approached the partially opened metal door. You pushed it gently with the toe of your shoe, the over head light that hung half way off ceiling casted weird shadows around the room.
     The sounds of heavy foot steps caught you off guard startling you. You fired in the direction of the noise, the sound deafening your ears as you were thrown hard into the wall. The second your body hit you rolled to the side, you didn't wait as you pushed your way to your feet. You heard something crash into the wall as you sprinted away.
    You had gotten turned around and had sprinted down the wrong hall, taking you further into the bunker then planned. You spotted an open door and slipped in finding a tight area for you nestle yourself in, someplace you couldn't be seen through the frosted glass windows. You tried to calm your breathing, slowly taking a ragged breath in your lungs burning as you did.
    "You can't hide from me." A deep voice bellowed out. You peered around and watched as the shadow began to walk in front of the room you were hiding in. The twisted and gnarled form passing by so slowly.
    You could feel the heavy thumping in your chest, fear had sank its claws into you. You watched the shadow as it stopped, its head lifting. You covered your mouth, biting down on your own lip. Suddenly, you saw a quick moment heading towards the form. Steve's shield, you would recognize the shape anywhere. It hit what ever that thing was on the back of the back, causing it to drop.
     "Y/n?" Steve yelled, you could see him creep closer.
     You took a deep breath and continued your agonizing walk to the cock pit. Each step more painful then the last. Your boot hit the metal floor, and you reached forward grabbing the receiver for the radio.
     The two of you rushed down the hall relaying what little you had known about the creature Steve had hit. You snagged Natasha on her way out, meeting up with the rest of the guys as you made it outside. Once inside the jet you thought you were safe, that you all would make it home. You knew you would get your ass chewed by Steve, and rightfully so.
     As the jet was easing above the trees something hit the wing, causing it to list to the right. Your eyes landed on your Captain, his blue eyes trained on you.
    "Can anyone here me?" You asked, wincing as you called out over the radio.
    You leaned back against hot metal, the pain not even registering. You took heavy breaths, looking out at the jet that had been torn to shreds. You couldn't remember much after that point. You didn't know where everyone was, if they survived, how you survived by the looks of it.
    "Steve?" You called out as you pressed down the button, your voice wavering, tears slowly starting to fall.
    "Don't cry, please don't cry." You heard his voice come out from behind you.
    You snapped your head around, your eyes landing on the Captain. His uniform was torn across the chest, and his hair was disheveled. He had a gash across his brow but he was alive. He sprinted over to you, pulling you up into his arms.
    "I'm sorry." You cried, holding on to him tightly. "I should of listened, I wasn't right for this fight."
     "My dear, you are the reason I fight so hard." He kissed the top of your head. "So you don't have to. I would never able to live with myself if something had happened to you."
     "I'm sorry." You whispered. "What about the others?"
     "There okay, we've been looking for you for hours." He kissed your temple again. "Let's go home."