Prologue

A loud, steady beeping and a bit of chatter outside my window woke me from my dreamless sleep. I tried and failed to ignore it. Curious of what this nuisance was, I rolled over and peeked out the window.

No. Could this be true?

Without taking the time to put on a bra I ran to my living room, burst open the front door and stared outside at the moving truck, young men loading boxes into the back of it. About that time Alex noticed me while turning around.

"You got your wish, Sophie. I'm moving out."

"Aw, Alex, I'm crushed." I replied while dramatically placing a hand over my heart. "How will I ever live without hearing your wild parties above me that last all throughout the night? Or the squeaking bed and dirty cries of your female companions night after night. At least, I think they were all female." He smirked in response.

"Hey, not my fault the walls in this place are too thin. I just regret that we never got a chance to wake some of the neighbors up." I rolled my eyes and shuddered at his suggestion. The thought of Annette hearing what Alex was implying made me want to vomit.

"Ugh. In your dreams, Alex."

"You're right."

"Please, just tell me you're living on the first floor in your next place? For the sake of your new neighbor."

"Even better, I'm getting a house with my amigos! Now we can party all day and night!" He celebrated this new party house with a little victory dance, and by dance I mean swinging his hips side to side with his hands in the air.

"Great. I'm sure you're ecstatic."

"Feel free to swing by any time. I'll send you the address."

"I'll be sure not to come."

"You can't stay that uptight forever, Sophie. You've got to learn to let loose. Have some fun."

"I do have fun. My own fun. I just don't appreciate my peace and quiet being stolen from me." He laughed, obviously not getting that I was completely serious. He did always have that carefree spirit about him; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly jealous of it.

"Yo, Alex. Are you going to come help us move your crap or keep chatting up that chick all day?" One of his 'amigos' shouted from the truck. I resisted yelling back that he was not "chatting me up".

"Be there in a minute." He yelled back over his shoulder, "Well I guess this is it. Hopefully I'll see you around sometime?"

"Yeah, maybe." I guess he wasn't a bad kid, just insanely annoying and a horrible neighbor. If I had met him under any other circumstance we might be able to tolerate each other, maybe.

"Lookin' good as always, by the way." He said with a body check, a wink and the famous Alex smirk as he walked off. I looked down to remember that I was still in a thin, oversized t-shirt, no bra and my pajama shorts which are really a poor excuse for shorts and more like something a pole dancer might wear, but hey, they're comfortable.

I take back everything semi-nice I just said about Alex.

With a huff and an eye roll I closed the door. As I began to make my breakfast I let a smile settle on my face. Alex is leaving. Maybe I will be able to get some sleep, hear my TV, concentrate on my work, hear myself think. This could be great!

"Lift it!"

"I am lifting, ya ape!"

For now, I'll listen to the melodic sounds of Alex and his friends moving his furniture outside my window. I just hope my new neighbor is better than the current one.

.....

A/N: Okay guys.. that was the first post.. *runs and hides*
Don't be too harsh.
I hope you like this short little prologue so far and if so then there's much more to come!
I want to get to know you guys and hope you want to get to know me so drop some comments and questions throughout the book! I'll be sure to answer them!
I'm new around here so please consider following me if you like what you read and you can also follow my Twitter I set up.
But also let me know what y'all think!
I'll be back soon with another update!
:)

Happy Birthday if it's your birthday!