The Proposal-Americas room

please comment, vote, and share my loves! thank you so much!!
onto the story...

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

I went up to America's door and knocked. It was difficult with everything in my hands but I made it work.

She didn't answer for a while so I considered knocking again, then I heard footsteps coming towards the door.

She opened it and I'm pretty sure that I was day dreaming. She was absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

I finally came back to my senses and spoke.
"Hi," I said. Really? That's all I had to say? Gosh Maxon! Pull yourself together!

"Hi," she responded. We just stared at each other for some time.

"Do you want to come in?" She offered. Oh gosh I am going to mess this up horribly.

"Oh. Um, sure, I do." She could tell something was off with me.

I walked in and stared at the place. I am going to do it. I am going to propose to America tonight and officially propose to her tomorrow in front of all of Illèa.

I looked at her. How is she handling having her father gone? How was the reunion with her horrible brother?

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay," she said kind of hesitantly. "It doesn't feel like he's gone, especially now that I'm here. I feel like I could write him a letter, and he'd still get it."

I feel bad for her. I'm just glad that I got her fathers approval before he passed on. I hope that I never have to go through that with my mother.

"How's your family?" I asked. I hope her mom and May are doing okay.

She sighed and looked at the floor before speaking. "Mom is holding it together, and Kenna is a rock. It's mostly May and Gerad I'm worried about. Kota couldn't have been any meaner about the whole thing. It's like he didn't love him at all," I hate Kota so much. I feel so bad for America needing to go through that, "and I don't understand that," she continued before looking at me. "You met my dad. He was so sweet."

"He was," I agreed. "I'm glad I at least got to meet him. I can see bits of him in you, you know."

"Really?"

"Absolutely!" I said while putting the envelope and package in one had while holding her with my free one. I walked her over to her big bed at sat next to her before continuing.

"Your sense of humor, for one. And your tenacity. When he and I spoke during his visit, he grilled me," that was too true. He was very overprotective of her and I don't blame him at all. "It was nerve-racking, but kind of funny at the same time. You've never just let me off the hook either. Of course, you have his eyes and I think his nose too. And I can see your optimism beaming out sometimes. He gave me that impression as well. All I'm saying is, it's okay to be sad about this, but you can be sure the best of him is still around," I concluded.

She threw her arms around me and thanked me while I held her with my free hand.

"I mean it." I told her while hugging her. And I did mean it. Every single word.

"I know you do. Thanks." She said while moving back beside me.

"What's this all about?" She changed the subject while gesturing to my full hand with her head.

I forgot about that. Oops.

"Oh." I said while fumbling with my thoughts for a moment. "These are for you," I said while holding up the envelope with the notes. "I can't believe I'm actually giving this to you, and you have to wait to look at them until I'm not here, but... it's for you to keep." I didn't want her to open them and read them while I'm here because it was so embarrassing. I handed her the notes and she looked at me questioningly.