Maxon's room

Maxons POV

I can't believe that I was finally showing America my room. As I opened my door, she looked amazed. I didn't really see the big deal because it was just my room. But, since she came from a poor family, I can see why she's amazed.

"These are wonderful! Did you take all of these?" America asked. I just noticed that she was looking at my photo collage. "No. Some of them I took, others I asked for." I said pointing to a photo of America from a magazine.

"Maxon?" America asked

"Yes" I said back. Dreading what was going to come out of her mouth. "Would you do this as a profession if you weren't a prince?"

That took me aback. I've never really thought about it. I've always wanted to be a photographer. "Yes"
There was a long silence.

"Why" I asked after a while.
"No reason. It's just, you'd be a five." America said. " would that make you happy?" I asked. "Yes." Was her simple answer. If she's happy, then I am happy too.

"Say it please America. Say that you want to be mine alone."

"I can't when there are other girls around."

"And I can't send them home if I don't know your feelings for me."

"And I can't give you all my feelings when I know that you'll be doing this with Kriss tomorrow." She said. That confused me a little.

"Doing what with Kriss?" I slowly asked.

"Taking her away and making her feel like she's the only one that matters. She's crazy for you. She told me herself. And I don't think those feelings are one sided."

I couldn't believe that America would be talking like that. "I can't tell you that I don't have feelings for her. All I can say is that you mean more to me."

"And how can I be sure of your feelings if you can't send her home?"

I thought for a moment. "I can think of other ways to show you how you make me feel." I said with a devilish grin on my face. This was it. I was going to propose to her.

I pushed her up against the wall and started kissing her passionately. All of a sudden, there was a jarring knock at the door. I walked over and answered it. It was a guard. "Sorry sir, but I came to inform you that Lady America's Dad has passed due to a heart attack. Her family would like her home immediately." I looked at America. How would I be able to tell her? She was so close to her father. "Maxon? What's wrong?" She asked. So innocent.

"I'm sorry America. But your father has passed."

She stood there for a second and then she fainted. I ran and caught her in just enough time. I lifted her up bridal style and I carried her to her room and gently laid her down on her bed.

________________________________
A/N

YAY! We've reached 492 words in this chapter!

🌸 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FOR KIERA CASS🌸