Happier

I wanted to do something new and decided to make a fanfic of my favourite ship ever. I was originally going to do this on my Amourshipping One-Shot Series but this one stuck out to me after some inspiration from another story. If you want an Amourshipping version of this then comment it down below and I will see if I can do it. With that being said, enjoy this one-shot.

In the streets of Los Angeles, Defense Attorney Phoenix Wright was walking back to the Wright and Co. Offices after some grocery shopping. He hasn't been really happy lately, the reason being is that he broke up with his assistant Maya a month ago. The two were a great couple but Phoenix ended up making a mistake and having to pay the price for it. After accidentally spilling his coffee on her most prized Steel Samurai manga, she flipped out and ended their relationship. He never really wanted to break up but she was furious.

"I wish I could fix things" Phoenix exclaimed.

While walking, he saw at a nearby café Maya sitting down with another guy talking to each other. It made him feel sad that she wasn't speaking to him for the past month, he really wished that he could make things up to her. Upon arriving at the office, Phoenix started packing away all the groceries he bought. When he finished, he saw in the corner of the room his old guitar that he used to play when he took band. He had fond memories of learning how to play and he did make a song once.

"Maybe I should play it" Phoenix thought.

Phoenix picked up the guitar and sat by the small table, facing away from the front door. He started strumming a few strings before finally getting the gist of it. He began playing the tune of the song and began to sing not noticing that a door opened.

(I do not own this song)

Walking down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

Saw you walk inside a bar

He said something to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're moving on with someone new

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until then I'll smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

Sat on the corner of the room

Everything's reminding me of you

Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier

Aren't you?

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody need you like I do

I know that there's others that deserve you

But my darling, I am still in love with you

But I guess you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'd feel it too

I could try to smile to hide the truth

I know I was happier with you

At this point, Phoenix thought about the past when he first met Maya. It changed his life as he became the main boss of the law office. He remembered the adventures he had with her, defending the actor of the Steel Samurai to Miles Edgeworth. When she got kidnapped, all he cared about was her safety. Phoenix then thought about the time he tried to cross a burning bridge to see if Maya was okay. Those were good memories.

'Cause baby, you look happier, you do

I knew one day you'd fall for someone new

But if he breaks your heart like lovers do

Just know that I'll be waiting here for you

Phoenix stopped playing and got up to put his guitar back by the wall. As he did that, he heard some sobs coming from behind him. He turned to see a purple robed spirit medium standing there in tears. It was Maya, apparently she had been standing there the whole time listening to Phoenix singing to himself.

"Maya? How long have you been here?" Phoenix asked.

"Since you started playing" Maya answered.

Before he could react, Maya ran up to Phoenix and pulled him into a tight bear hug. He had no idea what was happening but eventually embraced back. He couldn't believe it, the person he loved, the person he angered, she was back. After their embrace, the two looked at each other for the first time since a month.

"Maya, why did you come back?" Phoenix asked.

"I realised my mistake, I overreacted" Maya explained.

10 minutes earlier

Maya was sitting with a man named Hank at a café. The two were having a date and were having a great time. From the corner of her eye, she saw Phoenix standing from a distance looking sad at them. He walked away looking all depressed. Maya realised this and thought back to when he destroyed her prized Steel Samurai manga. Now that she thought about it, she overreacted for no reason and pushed him away. Upon realising this, it saddened her to think that over a mistake he made, she pushed not only her boyfriend, but her best friend away.

"Maya, are you okay?" Hank asked.

"No, I can't do this" Maya answered standing up, "I have to fix things with Nick"

"But wasn't he the one that destroyed one of your prized possessions?" Hank questioned.

"I know that but he didn't mean to" Maya replied, "I'm sorry Hank, you're a nice person but Nick is who I truly belong with" With that, she walked out of the café and made her way to the Wright and Co. Law Offices.

Present time

"I'm sorry Nick, I shouldn't have overreacted when you tripped" Maya apologised, "I know that the manga was important to me but now, you're more important than anything else"

"Maya, it's okay, I always wanted you two come back" Phoenix exclaimed, "I've missed you so much, I felt empty without you"

"Well I'm here now, and I don't plan on breaking up with you" Maya said happily.

The two pressed their lips into a passionate kiss that lasted for a minute. They felt more complete now that they were in each other's arms now. After breaking the kiss, the two of them couldn't stop smiling.

"By the way, when did you learn to sing like that?" Maya asked.

"Well, how about I tell you when we get to the Burger Joint" Phoenix replied.

"Yay" Maya cheered.

The two then locked hands with each other and went to the Burger Joint they go to a lot. Phoenix couldn't be happier now that Maya was back with him.