Chapter Eight

"Who the fuck was making all that noise? And why were you out there?" Levi questioned with furrowed eyebrows. He didn't look angry but he definitely was. It was against the rules to go out the walls and with all the shouting he heard, he knew any undead bodies would start coming towards the walls. Instead of their usual, aimless roaming. It was bad enough knowing those things were out there, but Levi would prefer they didn't gather at the walls.

"It was Jean." Eren said defensively as he dropped from the wall. "It was him shouting 'Oh Eren! Eren come save me! You're my hero!' I wasn't shouting." He explained with a high pitched voice when he mimicking Jean.

Jean gritted his teeth and elbowed Eren with his rib. "Fuck off. I came looking for you because you decided to run off." He looked back at Levi and Erwin, annoyance in his eyes. "I didn't want Eren to be out there alone." Jean tried to reason with the short leader who just nodded.

"That's understandable, Jean get to bed. I'll have a word with this fucking troublemaker." Levi waved Jean off and turned to Eren, raising an eyebrow. Jean shot a glare at Eren for a second before walking inside. He clenched his fists in anger, but he wasn't angry at Eren. Jean was just angry they got caught, and now Eren was going to get in shit.

"I'm sorry." Eren started before Levi could talk. "I just learned how to shoot and... I just wanted to kill one. I didn't really mean to drag Jean along with me. I realized it was a terrible idea when Jean almost got bit." The brunette sighed, running a hand through his hair. He looked up at Levi, who now looked angry.

Levi took a step towards Eren, clenching his fists. "Do you want to stay here? We let you fucking stay here and this is what you do?! Any more tricks up your sleeve Jaeger and we will kick you out! Now go inside!" Levi yelled, his eyes narrowed. "If you don't already know, I don't put up with brats like you."

Eren nodded with agreement, shuffling from one foot to an other. His feet were cold and so were his fingers, chest and nose. It was then he realized how cold it got at night. It wasn't as bad as he was used to, but he did hate the cold. He looked down at the black shirt and black jeans he was wearing and sighed. It wasn't the warmest thing but he wasn't complaining. He walked into the house, staring down at his feet. He sighed with satisfaction as the warm air hit his face. He walked up the stairs where he knew his room would be. He stared at the door with a sad smile then walked in the room.

Jean glanced up at the teen coming in the door with an angry look. He sighed through his nose, looking back at the book on his lap. He tried to ignore Eren but it was hard when he sat down beside him.

Eren sat beside Jean, kicking off his shoes and immediately pulling his knees to his chest for warmth. It was quiet for a couple seconds then Eren started talking. "What are you reading?" He asked, trying to shuffle closer to Jean for even the slightest bit of warmth.

Jean rolled his eyes and grabbed a blanket that was lying on his mattress. He lay his book down for the second and wrapped the blanket tightly around Eren before picking up his book again. "It's a book about a boy who is like half good and half bad. His blood anyway, it's confusing. Too complex for your tiny brain." He taunted, a small grin coming on his face.

Eren huffed but blushed anyway, covering some of his face with the blanket. "You're such an asshole." He muttered, leaning his head against Jean's shoulder. He half expected Jean to shrug him off but surprisingly all Jean did was smile slightly. He yawned and subconsciously curled into Jean's side.

Jean smirked and glanced down at Eren. "You're like a fucking cat." He said quietly, trying to force away the rising blush on his face. He looked back at his book and hummed, continuing to read it. His heart was speeding up in his chest and he chewed on his lip, refusing to admit his feelings. 'I don't like him like that... I'm just confused." He assured himself in his mind.