Pancakes.

Heyyy I hope ur all enjoying the story so far :) also if y'all wanna follow my brand new tumblr it's called @moist-mother but anyway enjoy !

———————————
I was back at the house again. Max's old house. His parents old house. They were alive again. I whipped out my pistol, ready to shoot, when Max stepped in front of me. "Please, don't kill my parents. Please, David.", he begged. But, against his wishes, I gently pulled him away, and two bullets left my gun. His parents lay on the ground, a pool of blood beginning to form. "How could you!", Max screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks. I reloaded my pistol, and bent down. I put the gun to the crying child's head and

BANG!

I woke up in a cold sweat, panting. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest and I jolted up. "Holy shit.", I whispered to myself, wiping the sweat from my forehead. I was wide awake, thanks to the dream Id just had. My alarm clock read 4:01. I left my bed and crept down the dark hallway. I slowly creaked open Max's bedroom door and walked in. I could hardly see a thing, but as I made my way towards Max's bed I eventually could make out the faint image of him laying there, asleep. I knelt down beside him, and gently stroked his hair, watching him rest peacefully and listening to him breathe gently.

I desperately wanted him to know how much I loved him, and how much I wanted the best for him. I wanted his forgiveness. It would come eventually. I hope. Suddenly, I felt a strong feeling of determination. Determination to win his love back and have things go back to normal.

——————————

It was 8:40am when I began making breakfast. Pancakes with Nutella, Max's favourite. I decided that I'd put in maximum effort until I won back his trust. I'd finished preparing the meal at about 9, so I went upstairs to wake Max. I gently shook him, and his eyes opened slightly. "Good morning, Max.", I said. He rolled his eyes at me, before rolling over to face the wall. I frowned. "I-I made pancakes downstairs.", I continued. No response. I got up and sighed, and made my way to the door. "Well, come down if you change your mind.", i said before leaving the room.

I slumped down at the table, serving myself a pancake. I was feeling less hopeful, all of a sudden. I wasn't really that hungry, so I just picked at my pancake with my fork. About five minutes later, I heard light footsteps, and looked up from my plate to see Max entering the kitchen. I smiled at him. He sat down without a word and began to eat. I looked away, smiling to myself. Progress.