01 | salva la data

SALVA LA DATA
SAVE THE DATE

━━━━━━━━━━

MERCOLEDÌ
13:21
17 SETTEMBRE 2018

NOT TO BE confused with falling in love, Eleonora Sava finds herself falling head-first onto Edoardo. There isn't anyone else to blame for being in such close proximity of him but herself. With a pair of loosely tied shoes and a mind with scattered thoughts, it doesn't take a detective to know that Eleonora just didn't pay attention. 

"Scusami," she says under her breath, quickly reaching for the loose papers that managed to slip out of her grasp, only to see that Edoardo had beat her to it.

"Ciao bellezza," he greets, unable to conceal the prideful grin playing on his lips as he flaunts the papers. "Falling for me already?"

Eleonora rolls her eyes in reply. "Eduardo, are you - "

"Edoardo," he corrects, smiling smugly.

 "Are you chronically insane?" she continues disregarding his correction, "Now if you excuse me, I really need those papers for my next class - so if you would just hand them over," - a hesitant pause, "per favore."

"What class do you have next?"

"What does that even matter?" Eleonora retorts, furrowing her eyebrows. "I just need -"

"Let me walk you there," Edoardo insists.

"I think I'll survive a walk across the hallway, grazie."

"Who said I needed to protect you?" he says in response. "Just let me walk you. You'll get your papers afterwards, I swear." 

Eleonora only nods without a word as she begins to make her way to the other end of the hallway with Edoardo tailing right behind her.

Navigating his way to Eleonora isn't as easy as it seemed on the surface. Edoardo quickly finds that if she hadn't worn the bright red top, he would have easily lost her to the crowd of students. 

"I'm pretty sure letting me walk you doesn't mean I'm supposed to be trying to catch up behind you," Edoardo calls out to her, in hopes that she would slow down.

In contrast of his expectations, Eleonora doesn't slow down. In fact, she picks up the pace, finally stopping in front of a dark classroom. "So, the papers?

"No one has classes in this room," Edoardo states.

"I know," Eleonora replies. "I didn't want anyone to think we were - you know."

"Right," Edoardo says lowly, letting a smile slip as he hands the loose papers back to Eleonora. "How is Friday night?"

"Che chosa? Am I hearing you correctly?" 

Edoardo lets out a small laugh. "A date Friday night, does that sound good for you?"

"A date Friday night," she repeats, scoffing. "does 'absolutely not' sound good to your thick head?"

"No," he mutters, letting his eyes wander around the hallways. "Not really."

"This is me saying no," Eleonora remarks plainly, fiddling with her papers. "I've got better things to do than to be one of your hook-ups."