Chapter 6: The Finish Line

Author's Note: So this took forever to post but I do have good news: this ended up being the longest chapter by far! I loved writing this story and I'm glad I was finally able to finish it considering I do have some problems finding the motivation to complete projects that I start. If you don't think my writing sucks and are interested in any future fanfics I write then make sure to check out the chapter notes at the end of the epilogue to see what ideas I have in my head...anyways, enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

"I-Ikusaba? Do you need something?" A quiet voice came out of Chihiro Fujisaki's mouth as he fiddled nervous with his open dorm room door's handle. It was quite clear to Mukuro that he wasn't expecting her to visit him; they haven't even spoke outside of a few greetings before so she wasn't too surprised about that.

"I need to speak with you. Can I come in?" The soldier responded to the ultimate programmer with no emotion worn on her face or heard in her voice. Most would be suspicious of this behavior if it wasn't a common occurrence for the normally reticent student.

Chihiro seemed more embarrassed than anything from the situation as he sniffled a bit as if the nearly inaudible noise would break the awkward silence. "Um...I suppose so if it's important." The high pitched voice cracked for a moment as the boy turned around in an attempt to go further into his room. "Let me just get cha-"

CRACK

This moment of vulnerability was all the ultimate soldier needed as her elbow connected firmly with the back of the frail teen's head, knocking him unconscious and on the floor in an instant.

Unlike Leon, the process of catching the shy Chihiro off guard wasn't difficult nor was it a lengthy process. The only reason Mukuro bothered to hit him physically was because she needed to make the boy a speedy job considering she had to take care of many other conscious students in a matter of hours before they began to realize Mukuro was hunting them down one by one.

Pushing Chihiro's body further into the room so he wasn't out in the open, Ikusaba pulled out a black ink pen along with a white piece of paper that listed each of the fourteen ultimate students which of course excluded Junko Enoshima and herself. Mukuro crossed off another name off that list.

Two down. Twelve to go.

***

"Kyoko! I'm so glad you're okay!" Makoto felt a strong amount of relief fill throughout his body to see his friend was alright once the men's locker room was opened for him; he wasn't bothered by the fact that a girl was once again hanging out inside of a 'boy's only zone' and had gotten used to it at this point.

"Yes, I'm fine." Kiri seemed to be relieved herself for an entirely different reason as a small smile appeared on her face. It was either an expression that was happy Makoto had appeared or one that was glad someone else hadn't.

The lucky student wasn't entirely sure whether to hug Kiri from excitement or shake her hand...he eventually decided to awkwardly rub the back of his head instead of touching a girl so closely. "A-are you hurt or something? My room was a mess when I saw it last so I was really worried."

The sound of a male clearing his throat interrupted Kyoko before she could get the chance to respond. Byakuya Togami suddenly spoke in a disinterested and impatient tone, "As much as I love seeing the two of you so passionate for each other, Ikusaba is still reigning the halls waiting for fresh meat to devour. I suggest we leave here before we're next."

"M-Mukuro?" Makoto was caught off guard at the sound of her name but deep down he had a feeling that his silent friend was the cause of Togami and Kirigiri hiding inside such a peculiar location. "You don't mean-"