Chapter 1 (Pilot)

Warnings: CONTAINS ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT!!

Notes: Please do not hesitate if you find any mistakes or if you have feedback! I'm always looking to improve, enjoy! xx

It was a Monday night, with a heavy drizzle that threatened to become a storm as dark clouds looked ominously overhead. The lampposts held flickering lights, due to old lightbulbs and faulty wiring that hadn't been touched in decades. Rain collected in the gutters along the edge of buildings on each side of the street, instead of traveling down a rain barrel the rain simply fell through cracks in the rusted metal. The rain had caused the slope in the cobblestone street to be exposed, the rain gathered in the depths between the buildings and the road, causing deep puddles that the few pedestrians tried desperately to avoid. All the businesses that lined the street were closed for the day, except for one.

Nova Strip Club's neon sign was bright from the dark window. A few men in dark coats and hats that covered their eyes slid into the club. The apartment windows above the club were on, Rob, getting ready for the night or getting laid by one of the prostitutes from the secret brothel next door.

The club and the brothel were owned by the Holland's, a family that ran the London mafia. They'd owned everything for over a hundred years, it was the family business. Not many people knew much about them, only their names. Dom was currently in charge and he had four sons. Each of whom were expected to continue the business. The oldest, Tom, was going to replace Dom when he 'retired'.

All of the Holland's wore a stern face and always brought a cold aura wherever they went. The family had few friends, and the ones the did were simply business ties.

They rarely visited the strip club, even when they had to collect money they sent an employee. They'd come maybe once every few months, they'd sit in the private room to the right of the bar at the back of the club, order the most expensive scotch the club had and then they'd leave after collecting money.

Y/N walked through the front door of the club, saying hello to Victor who stood at the entry booth. Customers had to pay to get in the club, weekdays it was 15 pounds, weekends it was 20.

"Hey Vic, who do I have today?" Y/N asked, Victor would know who was working.

"Chloe." Y/N groaned, she'd have to spend the next nine hours listening to her bragging about the creepy men that gave her their phone numbers. Victor gave her a sympathetic smile and waved her on.

First entering the bar, your eyes have to adjust to the darkness. The lights were always dimly lit and at midnight there was an hour of black light where the dancers would wear glow in the dark lingerie. The circular, glossy oak tables that filled the floor were mostly empty, but it was a Monday and only 6:00pm so things weren't supposed to be busy. To the right was the bar, if faced the stage. Chloe was lining up glasses, getting them ready for the first wave of customers.

She had curled her blonde hair like always, she had new acrylics on her nails and she wore the white uniform shirt with only one button keeping it over her breasts. She tied the bottom half of the shirt in a knot just above her belly button, newly pierced. Y/N hadn't seen her since last Wednesday.

"Nice piercing," Y/N said, breaking the silence in the club.

"Thanks, Nick said he'd like it if I had it pierced," Chloe said proudly, looking down at her new piercing.

Nick was a middle aged man that often came to Nova on Wednesday's. From his usual attire, Y/N could guess that he was a businessman of some kind, maybe a lawyer. He was obviously rich, and enjoyed making power moves. Especially, over Chloe. She guessed that Nick had said something to Chloe while she waited on him last Wednesday, leading her to pierce it the next day. Y/N didn't really care, she wasn't one to get involved with other people's lives.