Coronation Street | The Aftermath

It's just after 11pm in the evening and The Rovers are beginning to close after a long day. After parking the van outside the builders yard, Gary heads to Victoria court, where his and Sarah's flat is. As he crosses the cobbled street, a siren in the distance pricks up his ears, resulting into him looking around his surroundings. Then, an ambulance swooshes around the corner of Victoria street and heads to Coronation Street. Gary is left shocked and races over to see where it's stopping.

The ambulance finally reaches its destination and stops outside number 8. The 2 paramedics leave the vehicle and head inside the house. "Hello, paramedics" shouted one of them.

"Hello, my names Ian and this is ruby... could you tell me what happened?" asked Ian as he looked towards the closest person, that being Nick.

"I.. we.. don't know" claimed nick to Ian nervously.

"But you found her right?" questioned Ian as he knelt down near the victim, Gail.

"Yeah, I found her lying her. We have no idea what's caused this, i think she fell down the stairs" assumed nick.

"It's too early to say" stated Ian "Ruby, I'm gonna need a stretcher in here"

•••

Audrey, Rita and other local residents leave the pub after their free drinks and catch the attention of the ambulance.

"Oh dear... I wonder why that's here" signed Rita as she fixated on the vehicle.

Ian and Ruby came out of number 8, pushing the patient, Gail, along in the stretcher as she was placed in the ambulance slowly.

"What on earth" exclaimed Audrey as she sprinted across the cobbles to her mothers house.

"What happened?" yelled Audrey, with Rita pacing herself behind her.

"I think she's had a fall... nick found her" answered Shona as she and David watched her nervously get put in the back of the ambulance.

"Nick.. what on earth are you doing here?" puzzled Audrey as Rita approached the scene too looking startled by her findings.

"I came back for a surprise" slightly smiling said nick

"Are any of yous coming?" interrupted Ruby as she looked at the family members.

"Me and her are coming" announced David as he and Shona made their way into the van, before ruby closed both doors and headed in there herself.

"Gran, let's take my car, alright" as he and Audrey walked to the silver vehicle. "Hey, it's gonna be all okay" spoke nick as he tried to comfort his shocked gran.

"Rita, are you okay to watch the kids for us? asked Audrey as she waited for her friends response. Yeah yeah, if that's okay with you!" added on nick.

"Of course, of course. Let me know what happens won't you?" Asked Rita.

Audrey just smiled slightly.

Gary approached them all.
"What's happened?"

"It's Gail, she's had a fall I think. Tell Sarah!" Demanded nick as he quickly speeded things along.

"Ok" responded Gary as he sprinted back to the Victoria court to tell his fiancé the news.

•••

Audrey, Nick, Sarah, David, Shona and Gary had all arrived at the hospital. They were all sitting in the relatives room, which was located near where Gail was getting treated. Sweat pouring off their bodies, they couldn't keep it together any longer. Will Gail be okay after this? Suddenly, Connie (the doctor) walked into the room to dish out the news to the family!