Chapter 3

A/N: this chapter is also a trigger warning but all I needed to say was in the last chapter

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Home
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I blamed myself for everything that happened, Newt  getting depressed, yelling at me and the gladers. Alby said it wasn't my fault but if I hadn't approached him, he would be like he had been all month. People say this is good, at least now he is showing emotions. But it isn't good. Not to me anyway. Newt hates my guts.
Both him and Minho avoid me. My only friend is Nick and Alby. Both like brothers. Nick jokes about Alby actually being my brother because we look so alike. Clint and Jeff (my fellow med-jacks) agree. It is a small piece of happiness in all this depression.

I don't want to live anymore. I really don't. Not with Newt hating my guts and Minho ignoring me. No one will miss me. Maybe Alby but he will recover. Nick will blame himself. He really shouldn't. It isn't his fault.
"Freak have you seen Newt?? Oh wait he hates your guts. You wouldn't have seen him!" Brilliant it is Ben. I scowled at his smirking face before flipping him off and storming away. Ben won't leave me alone. Alby says he likes me but that is bull-Klunk. How could anyone like me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The greenie alarm was blaring in my ears and the box was opening. I hopped down the box and looked around for the little bastard, only to be greeted with our supplies. I ventured further behind the supplies and found a little mop of blonde hair. I reached forward and poked the hair. The boy scurried back and his face shot up and my dark brown eyes met his icy blue ones. I scanned the boy up and down and saw that he was only about five years old. I made my way towards him but another person speared me before I could get there. I heard uproar from the gladers above and someone grabbed the boy on top of me. I turned my head and was greeted by another pair of blue, almost grey, eyes. I saw Gallys mop of black hair pull the grey eyes boy away. I stood up and made my way toward the youngster.
"It's okay Kid. We won't hurt you." I spoke softly. The boy wasn't interested in me, his eyes were trained behind me and towards Gally. I turned around and saw Gally holding the other boy by the hands to stop him charging at me. The other boy looked to be in pain.
"Like hell you won't hurt him. Look at what you fellow kidnapper has done to me. What you gonna do next aye girly. You gonna rape us. Make us your slaves." His face held a scowl and his eyes were stormy grey. Most the gladers and I lost our shit at this point and collapsed on the floor in laughter. The boys stared at us in confusion.
"Let me introduce myself. I'm Bobbie. And I'm the only girl in this hell-hole. I was the fourth person up and the joint second in command with my brother Alby. The boy holding you is Gally. Please excuse him. Pain is the only language he knows. Now if you don't mind calming down. None of us will hurt you." I finished my small (A/N just thought you would want to know I wrote anal) speech with a glare to him. He begrudgingly calmed down and Gally let go.
"We'll delightful speech girly. My name is Sebastian and this child is Samuel." He spoke almost mockingly gesturing to himself and Samuel. I turned to Samuel to find him already staring at me, I tilted by my head and he did the same.
"Hello Samuel, I'm going to need you to trust me and come here. We won't hurt you. See Gally let Sebastian go didn't he." I explained calmly. Samuel walked forward and stood in front of me.
"Darling I am not a baby." He said before crawling into my arms and letting me pick him up.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I took the now sleeping boy to my room in the homestead and lay him down on my bed. As I was walking out a small hand grabbed my wrist, I looked behind me to see a very sleepy Samuel.
"Stay." He uttered one word but my heart crumbled at how broken and sleep-filled it sounded. How dare someone put a small child like this in a fucking maze!
I walked back to the cot and crawled under the covers. Sammy curled into my side and I hesitantly put my arms around him.

I've been laying here with a sleeping Sam for about ten minutes and I need to get up. The doors close soon and Alby hasn't come to fetch me for the gathering we obviously need to have.
I quickly swapped my body for a pillow and walked out the door silently. I slipped down the stairs and out the door to tree homestead.
A body crashed into me and I tumbled down cursing the unknown human. Before I could get up a hand grabbed my arm and dragged me up. "Bobbie Bobbie something happened." It was Minho. I caught my balance before saying "Chill MaHoe what's up?" He looked at me like I was crazy.
"ITS NEWT HURRY." That got me going. Now that I think about it, I hadn't seen Newt all day. I mean sure I'm stuck in a room all day tending to cuts but Newt will always come in with new injuries.
"Come on Queeny he is in the slammer. I left him with Alby. He has probably passed out from blood loss! Come on!" He urged. How Newt got injured and why he is in the slammer beats me but I got to go.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I sprinted to the slammer with my med-jacks equipment. I wasn't prepare for what I saw. Newt laying on the ground pale faced and his eyes sunken into his head. He was passed out and blood was everywhere. The flow had stopped coming but it was from one main place. His leg. The marks look like something had wrapped around in and yanked but the ankle is demolished. He won't ever be able to walk on it again. I got to work immediately making small talk with Minho and Alby.
"What the fuck happened to him. And don't tell me a griever because the marks clearly suggest not!" I demanded. They shared a look but told me what happened.
He jumped!
He fucking jumped!
He was my only will to live and he tried to die.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I got up after patching up his leg and punched a wall. Hard. And again. And again. And again. By the time I was finished there was a hole in the dirt wall and my hand was bleeding. Alby had a hold of me to stop me punching it anymore. Nick was watching with a far off look and Minho was standing by the entrance. There was a groan of pain from the floor and all eyes shot to a waking Newt.
Newt shot up into a sitting position and yelled in pain. I shook out of Albys grasp and made my way to Newt a scowl set upon my face. I pushed him so he was leaning against the wall. Right next the the hole I made. He had a fear swimming around in his eyes.
"What's all the commotion. I can't sleep." A small voice said from the entrance and Samuels face came into view. I stood up and made my way to the tired boy, wiping my bloody hands on my trousers.
I ushered Samuel, silently thanking him for stopping me doing something I would regret, out the Slammer. I grasped his hand tight and took a deep breath in. I walked into my room and Sammy clambered onto bed. I grabbed a baggy T-shirt and headed to the shower.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
After showering I headed to bed.
I couldn't sleep. The image of Newt laying on the floor half dead will forever be in my mind.
Eventually I drift off into an uneasy sleep waking up multiple times in the night.

I awake with a pounding headache and blood all over the sheets courtesy of my hand opening up again. Brilliant. Sammy is no where to be seen and the sun isn't even up yet. Fan-Fucking-tastic.
I shot out of bed and got changed into appropriate clothing before walking out my room.
I walked into the kitchen and got a cookie and a bowl of soup from Siggy (FryPan) for Newt.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I opened the Slammer with a bang and watched Newt shoot up grumbling about needing sleep.
"Rise and shine motherfucker! Have some food!"
I sang while opening his door and passing Newt his food. I watched him intently as he cast a disgusted look towards his bowl of soup.

A/N sorry it's late. I've had like no internet for a week which is fan-fucking-tasting but at least I could update.

Enjoy
Brooke