CHAPTER 1

"Come on, Jazzy I don't need to have a baby shower. Nobody is going to show up!" I said with quite certainty

"Yes they will don't be so stuck up! Your having a baby shower and that's final"

"Alright I give up your going to do it anyway!"

"And that... Is why you are my best friend! And plus it's your first baby how could you not have a baby shower!" Jazzy specified

Jazzy is my best friend. She is very persistent, probably the reason John doesn't like her very much. I've known her since elementary school. I couldn't say her name so I called her Jazzy and I have forever called her that. It's very typical for a little child to not be able to say someone's name so they call them the name that fits for them. Her real name though is Jaszmine. She's so beautiful with her blonde beach waved hair and blue green eyes that shine when the sun hits them. Her mother died when she was thirteen and left her with her abusive father. Her father would come home drunk every night since she was born. so when her mom had died she had to take care of her five siblings three brothers two sisters. All under the age of eight. Even in her tough times she still remained happy and of course persistent.

"Your right! I should always listen to you." I said sarcastically

"That's the best friend I know and love."

"Thanks it really means a lot!" we both laughed

"So when is John coming home?" jazzy curiously asked

"He said in three months but I can never be sure."

"If it's true, are you excited?"

"What kind of question is that! Of course I'm excited he's my husband." I was very surprised by her question but I knew what she meant. I just didn't want to answer.

"No I mean-"

"I know what you mean, I am sort of scared because we've only been married a year and in that time I haven't seen what happens after war. I mean can you imagine fighting and killing another man? who most likely has a family his self? plus he's Sargent so he's pretty high up in that military stuff. I don't know what he's been through so I can't relate."

"Yeah. I know what your saying and my advice is to listen. I know it's not huge advice but listening to what he says will help you better understand what he went through. Even if it's hard to listen to the stories, you took that commitment when you got married."

"Your right! Thank you Jazzy."

"Your welcome. I've got to get going but I will see you tomorrow."

"Ok. Bye."

The door clicks behind Jazzy

*************