the one with a new plan

"So we're really going through with it?" Bucky asked, Sam nodding with his doubt

"Yeah, didn't you hear strange when he said he wasn't sure about this timeline?" Sam joined in.

"Listen, I know it's sketchy and I know that it may not end well for us, but it also has the potential to meet Thanos' downfall, plus, if we all think up his defenses, we can counter act them and get back on track," Fiona pointed out.

"Alright, when we find him, what if Gamora is there and on his side?" Wanda asked.

"Gamora was never on his side," Quill spoke up, Drax and Mantis nodding along.

"But she was his daughter!" Sam argued.

"Adoptive, he kill half her planet," Quill shut down the argument, everyone nodding, a small frown on everyone's faces.

"What if one of us dies before we get to our part of the plan?" Quill asked.

"Well, Peter can fill in for almost everyone's part, when he gets here we can fill him in," Fiona answered and everyone nodded.

"When is he gonna get here?" Sam asked.

Fiona shut her eyes and felt the connection between her and Surma. It was getting broader, shorter with each step. It brought a smile to Fiona's face and a new energy being pushed into her soul. Fiona's nerves were on edge and everyone can see it.

"Soon, very soon," Fiona answered, opening her eyes and looked around.

Everyone nodded, looking amongst themselves, trying to find confidence in each other and they patiently waited for Peter to show.

"Why don't we rest for now?" Fiona suggested, "get ready for this next war?"

Drax let out a sigh and plopped down. Fiona walked over to Wanda.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Stressed," Wanda sighed, "people my age are in college and I'm in a pocket world fighting the creature that made me watch my boyfriend die twice."

Fiona frowned, hugging Wanda.

"When we get that time stone, we will revive him too," she mumbled into Wanda's hair. Wanda he,d her a bit tighter.

It was unspoken but there was a bond. Neither were sure where it came from, but they had the suspicion that it was the mental connection they had. Fiona was meeting this woman for the first time and she already felt that she could trust Wanda with her life. Fiona smiled as they pulled away, she laid down into the shallow water, half her body under. Fiona felt the healing component of the water seeping in.

She felt at peace for the first time since prom.

As she slept, everyone else was sat around, bonding and learning about each other to help devise their plan.

"She's fishy," Sam spoke looking over at her, "like, not bad for us but I feel like she has an ulterior motive."

"That's the goddess in her," Loki spoke up, his eyes never tearing away from his former soulmate, "Kalma always has a mysterious sense to her that makes people feel like shes untrustworthy."

"How do you know her?" Wanda asked.

"She was my soulmate, I killed her," he sighed and looked at the people who frowned in confusion.

"It's hard to explain how she has a new soulmate, she's a reincarnation of sorts," Loki tried and they nodded.

"So we just follow a sixteen year old into a war against a titan?" Bucky asked.

"She's been around for fifteen wars, winning all of them, I think she qualifies to lead us into this one," Loki defended and Bucky nodded, looking to Fiona once more.

"Is there anything we should know about her?" Sam asked, not happy with the answer she gave him earlier.

"In her true form, she can summoned the souls of the dead in a smoke form, Surma as you have seen can get to be taller than Thanos," Loki explained, they glanced warily at each other, "he's her protector."

"So what will she do to Thanos when she sees him?" Quill asked.

"Follow the plan, but the way she acts makes me think she really wants to just have it one on one so she can go all out without killing you guys," Loki answered, looked to Quill who nodded.

"When you wield the gauntlet and reverse this, I will need the time stone back for its protection and to ensure that they start to be separated," Strange spoke up.

"Understandable," Loki nodded, "it will be returned promptly after."

Strange nodded, sighing and looking around.

"I can't wait to get out of here, but we all have to swear, no matter what happens, getting these kids and everyone else back to earth is the number one priority," Strange added and they nodded, "Alright."

"Uh, hey guys," they whipped their heads to the voice, eyes widening at the site.

"Peter?"

———

short chapter.