.2

the pair walked through the rain— yoonoh in the back, jaerin in the front. they walked quietly and swiftly towards jaerin's house without speaking a word to each other.
jaerin huffed. there was an awkward tension between the two, and she wanted to break it badly. gathering all of her strength and power, she managed to speak up.

"uh, what school do you go to? you seem older or maybe my age..."

yoonoh let out an airy chuckle and ran towards her, stopping by her side. he brought the umbrella closer to the girl, which was unexpectedly comforting, since there was a storm right above the pair. "i go to seongmoon university, a freshman." yoonoh said.

"oh really?" jaerin questioned, "i've never seen you before. if i did, i'm pretty sure you'll always be on my mi—"

jaerin covered her mouth and cleared her throat quickly. "i-i mean you'll always be on my yearbook list! i'm in the yearbook club..." jaerin laughed nervously and moved closer towards yoonoh. she somehow felt warm and safe under his wing. yoonoh smiled at her actions and wrapped a supportive arm around jaerin, who gladly took in the gesture. a strike of lightning suddenly brightened the cloudy sky, which seemed like mother nature noticed the special spark between the two. "what grade are you in?" yoonoh asked. "i'm a freshman in uni, like you." jaerin exclaimed before looking up and getting stumbled from his godly-like visuals. his hair was like a fluffy poof, and she could see faint indents on his cheeks that appeared whenever he smiled.

"oh," yoonoh clicked his tongue, "i thought you were a freshman in high school or something in that zone." jaerin gave the most disgusting look to him and pushed the creepy guy away. "what the fuck? you would actually hit on a freshman? in high school??"

"only if she's cute." he shrugged, giving a small smirk. jaerin shivered and all of the positive thoughts about the boy flew out of her mind. "i'm not hanging out with you anymore, thanks for the umbrella!" she cried out, running away from the dumbfounded boy with his umbrella.

"hey, wait!"

too late. jaerin was a quick runner and she is, in fact, into track and field. she turned abruptly into a corner and ran to her house as fast as she could. slamming the door, she was finally into the comfort of her home.

"rin, sweetie! why do you need to slam the door like that?" her mother asked warmly from the kitchen. she seemed to be making her and taeyong's favorite dish, homemade ramen.

"can you fucking—"

"language sweetie!" their mother yelled out.

"—FLUFFING not be that dramatic and come home normally?" taeyong said while walking down the stairs. jaerin rolled her eyes at the sight of her older brother and stuck up her ring finger as a replacement. "i had to run because of the rain, since you didn't want to bring an umbrella for me."

"it's your fault that your lame butt forgot it at home."

"i didn't know that it was going to rain today!"

"female dog its gonna rain the whole week."

"mom!! taeyong called me a," she paused before spelling the word, "b-i-t-c-h." her mother sighed at the sight of her children bickering. both of them are already in college; they didn't need to act so childish.

"taeyong, why didn't you help out your sister here? she might've gotten a cold." their mother said, biting her lips anxiously. taeyong sighed and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "i was really busy with exams, and look," taeyong pointed at the umbrella that was in jaerin's hands, "she got one. where did you get it from? it looks familiar." jaerin shrugged and placed it next to the front door. "some kid decided to help me so he shared his umbrella." taeyong choked on his water and ran back to the room his sister and mother were in. did she know what that meant?