is tears or just the rain?

usually after school, wills best friend maxine comes through his window and they hang out for the rest of the day. will knew she wouldn't come, and she didn't, of course. he wasn't upset though, because he didn't want her to see him like this.

all will can think about is what happened. chris likes will but will loves mike. what happens now?

will tries to get his mind off of everything by drawing. will draws this beautiful and realistic picture of a beach.

"you know, you're gonna be an artist one day" a voice says.

will turns around to see his best friend climbing into his window.

"max!" will says in excitement and shock. "i didn't think you'd show up today!"

"you thought wrong." maxine says. "uh- can we talk about what happened."

"i don't know, it hasn't really sunk in that it happened yet." will says. " all i know is i can not go to school tomorrow.

"i agree. i'll skip with you." max says.

"thanks." will says.

there was a really long pause, and neither of them really knew why, so will tried to break the silence.

"is it possible to like two people?"

"i mean, sure, i guess, but which one really makes you happy. which one do you love?" max answers

will thinks about what max said. which one does he love?

"can you love two people?" he asks

"i'm not sure. i've never told anyone this but i've never been in love. and i've never really liked anyone either."

"not even lucas?" will asks, shocked, because he always thought they really liked each other.

"kinda, but it wasn't a serious crush. we both got over it quickly and we realized we weren't right for each other." max replies. "i'm gonna go now. dinner."

will waves to his friend and continues drawing. it took his mind of it all. then will heard a knock at his door. it was christopher. will jumped for the door.

"come on in!" will says and welcomes him into his home. chris follows will into wills room. will props onto his bed and chris looks around.
chris picked up the beach drawing.

"wow did you do this?" chris says in awe.

"oh uh yeah." will says shyly

"you're really talented." chris says as he looks trough wills other pieces.

then chris sees a picture of will and mike.

"oh don't touch that one!" will jumps up from his bed and tries to grab it from christopher's hands. it ripped. right down the center.

"will, i'm so so-" chris was interrupted

"i-it's fine. i didn't really like that one anyway."
will sits back down on his bed and chris sits next to him

"i'm sorry" will breaks down crying.

chris puts his arm around will. "for what? will i'm not upset about you and mike. i just want you to be happy."

"but in not. i won't be. if i'm with you, i'll miss mike. if i'm with mike i'll miss you. how is it possible i'm in love with two people?" will says, now sobbing.

chris is shocked. will just said he was in love with him. in love.

"let's do something to get your mind off this. like... listening to music. or maybe we can play a game." chris says, but will just stays there. they soon fall asleep.

now it was 1:33 am, and will and chris woke up to pounding on the door. the two of them looked out the window to see who it was. it was mike. will took a deep breath and walked over to the door

will opened the door.

"can we talk?" mike asks. he is soaked from the rain.

mike walks inside and closes the door behind him.

"you ok?" mike asks. "your eyes are puffy"

"yeah." will replies. of course he wasn't okay. he lied.

"will, i was waiting all day to ask you, because i didn't know if you were ready to see me. i waited until now and-"

chris walked into the hallway. mike stops what he was saying and storms out the door. he runs down the driveway. will screams his name but he doesn't turn around mike gets to the end of the driveway and turns around.

will runs to mike. now they are both soaked from the rain and will can't tell if mike is crying, or if it is just the rain. will never sees mike cry.

will kisses mike. it lasts for a couple of seconds.
they pull away.

"i love you too" mike says and smiles. he gets on his bike and left. will walks back up his driveway and chris chris was walking down. he brought a towel for will.

chris was crying a little, but he was really trying to hold it in. they both stood there in the driveway. chris wraps the towel around will.

"so you're not upset?" will asks.

"a little bit." christopher sniffles "but i just want you to be happy." chris says and walks past will

will never saw christopher again. sometimes will would think about him, but he was usually too busy spending time with his new boyfriend, mike.

the end! i hope you liked my story. it was really short but i really enjoyed writing it. :)