1장

August 10, 2018 (Friday)

Droplets of rain poured down as the rain started to get heavier and heavier by the second. Cheeya watched as the rain poured down from outside her window. She closed her eyes, sighing as the thought of another class suspension went through her mind.

She only had 5 more days to study until their first quaterly exams starts, and class suspensions were not helping. Literally not helping. She sighed and looked at her study table, only to find paper scattered everywhere around the table and on the floor near the table.

"I need to pass these fucking exams" She mumbled silently under her breath, "How can I study medicine if my grades are low?" She silently asked herself.

Cheeya was in the last year of senior high school, meaning she is in 12th grade.

She was never the type of student to get good grades and such, she was not the perfect student. She was just an average girl who wants to pass her last year as a high school student. She wanted to make the most out of it.

Cheeya stood up, grabbing her phpne before going downstairs. She was greeted by her mom, Song Hyekyo. One of korea's most influential woman.

"Cheechee!" Hyekyo beamed, smiling as she saw her daughter for the first time today.

Cheeya raised a brow, "You seem happy today eomma" She stated, walking to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water.

"Not really" Hyekyo sighed, looking at the calendar. "It's our best friend's death anniversary today" She stated, sadness flashing through her eyes.

"You mean your high school best friend?" Cheeya asked, getting a glass and filling it with water.

Hyekyo nodded, "He was the one who introduced your father to me"

Cheeya drank the whole glass of water, "Well whoever he is" She stated, "I'm thankful because if it weren't for him you and appa would not have met each other"

"Oh dear" Hyekyo smiled, recalling some memories of her past. "That friend of ours is a good example of a boyfriend material. He can sing, dance. He's so weird but he didn't care. He didn't care about what other people would say about him, just as long as he makes people smile and laugh, he's okay. He's sweet and caring. He's definitely a person you can count on"

Cheeya smiled, "Oh"

"He was tall and handsome, any hair color suits him" Hyekyo giggled, "I miss him so much. Oh how I wish he met you and your brother"

Before Cheeya could reply, the door opened. Revealing her father, Song Joongki, one of korea's best actors. Joongki smiled, seeing his daughter and his wife having some mother-daughter bonding time. He leaned in and gave Hyekyo a sweet peck on her lips, before giving Cheeya a peck on her forehead.

"I see the both of you are getting along well today" Joongki stated.

Cheeya wiped her forehead, "Ew appa! I'm too big for kisses" She whined, making her parents laugh.

"Our baby girl is no longer a baby!" Hyekyo giggled.

Cheeya rolled her eyes, laughing afterwards at how childish her parents can be in times.

"What were you girls talking about?" Joongki asked the two girls, "Mind telling me?"

"Oh we were talking about our high school best friend" Hyekyo answered, "You still remember him right?" She asked.

Joongki nodded, "Ah yes!" He smiled, recalling some of his memories with their best friend.

"Good" Hyekyo smiled.

"Oh how I miss that idiot" Joongki shook his head, smiling sadly at the thought of his best friend. "He was definitely the best"

Cheeya smiled, sitting down on the couch and crossing her legs as she listened to her parents.

Hyekyo nodded her head as she agreed to what her husband said, "Yes I know! Remember that time when we were talking in english then he said "bitch" instead of "beach"? Hyekyo laughed as she recalled a memory.

"Yes of course!" Joongki laughed along, "How can I forget about that? Oh! Remember that time when he told us we looked good together but then we both disagreed because we only saw each other as friends back then?"

Hyekyo giggled, nodding her head. "Those were the days! I miss him so much"

Joongki sighed, "I wish he was here with us"

"None of us wanted the accident to happen" Hyekyo sighed, "None of us expected him to leave us so early"

Cheeya frowned as she sensed sadness fill the room, "It's his death anniversary today right?" She asked.

Hyekyo nodded before opening her mouth to talk again

"Oh how we miss you, Kim Taehyung."