Chapter Thirteen

I swallowed. Hard. I couldn't even appreciate his shirtless, shiny glory with the worry that was coursing through every inch of me. Bucky's blue eyes seemed harder than the metal I often compared them to, his jaw clenched tightly as his metal fist balled up at his side. That glare he wore never left my face, dark locks enhancing the intensity of his eyes Like they needed it.

'Ooohh, you're in trouubbllee.' My beast sniggered and I chose to ignore it.

"Bucky, I-"

"Do not even speak right now, or I will tape that mouth shut." His tone was so even and serious, I ceased my own voice right away.

'Mmm, yes. Speak! Speak!'

'You better shut the hell up, mutt.'

'Harsh. I hope he yells at you, jerk. This should be good, let me just get settled real quick.. Okay. And action!'

I rolled my eyes in my mind and focused back on Bucky, he walked forward till the front of his legs hit the bed. His eyes glued to me as he climbed onto the bed on his knees and towards me, I scooted backwards until I hit the headboard and was forced to cease movement. I pulled myself up into a sitting position, resting my back against the cool wood and watching the soldier with wide eyes as he came towards me. Slowly, meticulously, like the trained assassin he was. No move, no matter how small, was left unplanned. You would never guess that I was the one with a predatory beast inside me as I was currently the prey, awaiting either mercy or demise.

I had never felt so exposed, and not because only bandage separated my shirtless body from his own, no it was due to how he was looking at me now, as if he saw right through me into my very soul and there was no escaping it. No matter how far I ran or how well I hid, Bucky would find me. He would hunt me down, easily.

He stopped with his face inches from mine, his hands resting behind me on the headboard I leaned against, caging me in. His legs parted over my thighs, his shorts ridding up a tad so his bare thigh touched mine as goosebumps followed him on my skin. His breath fanned my face, his features the angriest I'd ever seen. He gripped the head board so tight, I heard the wood splintering under his enhanced arm's grip. I gulped, loudly, and bit my lip in anticipation as I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"How could you do that to me? How the fucking hell could you do that to me?" He growled down at me, my heart cracking when I heard the slight break of pain alongside the anger.

"I just-" I began but he slapped a hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"I believe I said not a damn word." He seethed and I licked his hand in hopes of getting it off, he just gave me a devious smirk. "Lick my palm all day, doll. That doesn't bother me in the slightest."

I growled behind his hand, the vibrating rumbling his palm against my mouth and his eyes narrowed at me again as my rumble shook to his chest. He seemed annoyed at my animalistic noise but didn't comment on the notion, just continuing on with his lecture.

"And after what just happened with Hulk? Did you not listen to a God damned word I had said?"

I didn't bother replying, seeing as his hand still covered my mouth. He obviously took note of that too and went on.

"After everything I tell you, after all I do to keep you safe, you go off and do this stupid shit. Not only putting Peter in danger but yourself." He shook his head, jaw clenching for a moment before continuing. "Do you even have any idea how scared I was? When I woke up after another fucking nightmare, ironically about losing you, to go to your room and find you gone? I must've spent who knows how long searching this whole fucking tower and the next ten blocks for you! Only to get a call from Steve that you had been shot and they were losing you on that table!"