Chapter 1: Rose Garden

The rose garden was in full bloom, each of the perfectly groomed bushes supported dozens of the crisp red flowers. Everything sported a red theme at the King of Hearts castle. It'd be a sin to his name of course if something was another color. Although there was one small rabbit that stuck out among the rest of the royal subjects who bowed down to the king. One who did not carry a red hue or a weapon to defend the castle. This creature was painted in blue, bright and defiant to the crimson red theme. He also carried a name, which is unlike all the others, Stuart. The mischievous rabbit was allowed in the kingdom under one condition; he was to sing for the king. Stuart didn't mind serenading the enchanting man, actually the opposite. He would wait to hear his name in anticipation, just to see the olive green man. Something about the King made Stuarts tail twitch and a warm ache in his chest. It was strange how allured to this man Stuart was. Something about the tall black boots that clank proudly against the tile, or the handsome features that were adorned with different colored eyes. One of those eyes being the signature red and more intimidating then the sword he carried at his side. His shoulders were usually covered in the bright perfectly white fur that Stuart's tail could blend in with, although the rest of the cape was red and beaded with gold accents. A charm hung from the leader's neck with a heart at the bottom, the middle of the heart held a bloody colored diamond. It was a rumor that the diamond carried the blood of the past King. Stuart was intrigued by the man and wanted to be at his side, he itched for the sensation of his ruler to praise his voice.

Snapping out of his thoughts Stuart looked around for something to do, being careful not to distress his clean white shirt and pants. He was most proud of the red heart that laid over his own. It was a noble symbol for being one of the Kings choices for entertainment. It overall protected him from the guards who harassed and prodded anyone who dared to come near the castle. Most who do wonder on the very land where Stuart was got beheaded without trial. The young rabbit was digging around the garden, trying to find the perfect rose to present to his monarch. A gift of gratitude to the very one that spared his life the very day they met.