Chapter 5: To Want Him to Want Me

A favorite blue boy writes "Broken" which I in no way own and all credit is given to the Gorillaz.

Stuart sat quietly thinking about the events that occurred not less than one hour ago. Picking the petals delicately he spoke "He loves me, he's playing me, he loves me, he's playing me," back and forth until he finds himself with one last petal "he loves me." A small smile spread across his face although he knew this little flower couldn't tell him his true fate with the King.

The rabbit laid his head back in frustration. Looking up at the cool blue sky with the cotton clouds rolling by. This infatuation with the King was going to be the death of him. Or maybe a lovely sex filled life? Either way it was going to be a challenge. This wasn't a normal relationship in anyway. Murdoc was strange, if he didn't like you, he killed you and if he knew you could carry a purpose, he kept you. Although if you failed the purpose, the king would drop a iron blade across your neck in front of everyone. Now thinking about it, it seemed like an endless loop of killing and keeping. Luckily you are doing well so far. Actually really well by the actions showed earlier.

Stuart wasn't the most intelligent rabbit although he knew what he wanted and what he wanted was Murdoc; His majesty, his keeper and his potential lover. He'd be damned if he wasn't going to have him. Getting up out of the grass he brushed off the stray pieces and began walking towards the castle. He did have a room in the huge palace; it was cramped and had one small window that filtered in light. He sat on his small bed and pulled his keyboard onto his lap. He was going to write a song to capture the King's heart. Music just may be the only way into Murdoc's heart and if that was true, Stuart had the best possible chance.

Scribbling down lyrics and poking at the white keys he began working his magic. The rabbit wrote what he felt and how he wanted the king. Love was a fight and he knew that this love was no different. He connected to Murdoc, a connection that couldn't be fake; a connection that only the universe could pair, his eyes being the stars. He knew, this was the start of the song; playing with the tune a little bit before deciding on a calm rhythm he began.

"Distant stars

Come in black or red

I've seen their worlds Inside my head

They connect With the fall of man

They breathe you in And dive as deep as they can"

Murdoc's black and red eyes peered into Stuart's soul with each glance, deep and to the pit of his stomach. Warming his blood and making his ears feel hot. The man Stuart loved was the one causing the destruction in wonderland, yet he could only see creation and beauty. This song was going to be marvelous. To be as their love, hidden deep within words but if you listen, you could admire and watch the blossoming relationship through each piece of the song.

Something wasn't right though, their love was broken for a reason, and something was holding Murdoc back.

"He is without a heart

And the space has been broken"

The lyrics were painful to be spoken but he understood them clearly. His lips betrayed his body and spoke the reality his heart didn't want to hear. This song truly was perfect for them. It was painful although beautiful. Leaving the King's bed, the loss of connection and feeling broken. Feeling lost without the olive tinted man's hand on his back.

"Our love Broken"

Were the last words that escaped his lips before he shoved the keyboard off his lap. Tears dripping onto the paper clenched between his fists.

"No, it isn't! It isn't broken. It just hasn't begun? Or did it? When we first met, was that the beginning or was the kiss?"

Confusion swallowed Stuarts mind and trapped him in a hole of self-pity and frustration. He blamed the hounds, he blamed the universe and he blamed the King for not being clear with his intentions.

He collapsed onto the bed, feeling tired from the emotional drain and eventually falling into his own mind, body feeling numb to the world.