U| Accusations - 04

Amora rubbed her slightly larger belly as got up from the couch to answer the door. Her hair was pulled up into a bun and the sundress she wore seemed to hang and stretch right from her plump stomach. Her small, bare feet pressed into the warm floor until they came to a stop at the front door. When she opened it and saw Justice, she frowned.

"Where's my little sister?" She asked, squinting at him as he held out an open duffel bag. She looked down inside of it and saw the money. "It's time to go?"

Justice nodded. "You did your part. Jewelle is at Rosè's house and it's up to you where you want to go from here." He told her as he looked over her shoulder. "Are you packed yet?"

Amora nodded before grabbing the handles of the duffel bag. "Can you get it for me?" She asked before she stepped to the side and slid into her sandals waiting by the door. Justice went in and she walked out, swinging her arms to bat away some mosquitoes that were coming at her.

Noir watched her come towards the car by herself with her duffel bag in her right hand. Her pregnant belly made her a bit jealous as she thought about her past and how she once was in this position. Fortunately for Amora, she wasn't under too much stress and wouldn't miscarry it. She also wasn't being abused by her baby's father. Lucky her indeed, she thought as she unlocked the door with a slight eye roll. The only thing we have in common is the fact that we killed one of our possible other baby daddies.

Amora slid into the backseat as Justice came out with her suitcases. There were two of them, one pink and the other was a cheetah print, stuffed to capacity.

"Do you know where you're going?" Noir asked her, looking at her through the rear view mirror.

Amora nodded. "My babydaddy's house."

Noir scoffed, waiting for Justice to get back inside the car. She felt the trunk slam at the same time that she heard it before he ran back to the front door of the temporary house and locked it. She watched him before turning around and looking Amora in her face.

"Don't do anything stupid, like talk. You got your money in your hands and I got your life in mine. Don't test me, you hear me? Not even your sisters should know." Noir told her, her eyes leveled with hers as she glared deeply into her soul.

Unmoved, Amora offered a smile. "Trust me, you would never have to worry about that." She replied after a while.

Right after, Justice grabbed the knob and entered the car, looking between them. "Y'all good?"

Noir nodded. "Yeah. Right, Amora?"

She nodded as a reply before sitting back and rubbing her belly.  "Call me Karma."

Pulling the plug on Raymun was the hardest thing she could do. She had to remind herself of all the bad he had done and put her through. She had convinced herself that she was giving him his karma, but what would be hers for doing that?

Over the past three months, that's all that was on her mind. She was in the darkest place she had ever been for months with no contact with anyone whatsoever. She felt abandoned and lost. She felt as if she was going crazy, but even then, it was her faith in God, Himself, that kept her up when she was down. In her heart, she knew that she would need no one but him. She didn't have to fear anyone but him.

The seed growing inside her was a blessing and she loved it too much to even think about letting Greg go without his karma. He would have to accept the baby or live the same fate as Raymun. Because that's who she was now, Karma.

* * *

     The night had fallen and Kai didn't pull into the driveway until a little after twelve, the small bits of gravel breaking under his wheels as he twisted the wheel to get up their curved driveway and into the garage. As soon as the driveway door opened, he could see Rosè flicking on the light inside. The door leading from the kitchen to the garage was open show where she had come from as he parked. She closed the door behind herself before walking around the car in her robe and bonnet on. She pulled the door open and slid inside but paused as soon as she smelled the contents in the car.