Part 1 - Chapter 2

Little Silver was out and about. She did this a lot, wandering amuck in the garden.
It gave Riptide a lot more anxiety than he let on. Ivory was less worried, although with higher concentrations on the mixed protests happening in the city, she was currently harboring a little voice in the back of her head telling her that something, anything, would go wrong.
It was, of course, correct.
Chiffon Fireworks, Ivory's grandmother, had passed away. So had Sugar, Ivory's mother. Chiffon had left a note.
Dearest Ivory Snow,
If you are reading this, both Sugar and I have moved on to the next life. She probably chose this end. You always wanted to know why mommy wouldn't come play with you, and I suppose I owe you an explanation.
When she was fresh out of high school, Sugar met a boy. He was about the same age as her, if not a few years older. The two dated, but once Sugar was pregnant with you, he disappeared.
This is why mommy was always sitting on the couch. She was lost in limbo where her one and only love never left. I've disclosed a picture of him, incase you wish to see his face or find him again. Maybe you'll learn something new about yourself.
I know I expressed displeasure in your boyfriend the last time I saw you. I'm sorry for that, I suppose I didn't want to see you get hurt by someone you truly loved.
But in a way, I'm glad you ran off on your own. Your friend's parents, Winter and Dutch, they split up. It's not entirely shocking, nothing in that marriage was meant to last.
Love,
Grandmother
She kept her word - a picture of Ivory's father was in the same envelope. He looked... interesting. His eyes, especially. Not fully normal, yet...
She couldn't quite place her finger on it. But, still, when Riptide came home that night, he agreed to keep an eye out for him at the police station.
********************************************
Scarlet, Wisteria and Storm were on the move. With a sky full of stars and Narn officially taking over Wis' store, the trio had warmed up to this trip taking place.
It had taken a while to get set up, however. Wis wanted to have enough vampire sunscreen on her for Scarlet and have an emergency reserve for Storm. Alongside that, they had to be ready for any situation.
Scarlet had gotten pretty restless in those past two and three fourths years. They kept an ear out for news, but nothing seemed to be happening.
Until the week before the trip was set to go. A werewolf regular, Jinx, made a trip to the store. He was bleeding.
He died there, uttering one last word "Red."
They buried him in the back, Wisteria performing a small ritual on the grave to let him rest rather than live out his days a ghost.
And so they agreed on their first location - Scarlet's childhood home. It was red. And if there was one main thing she remembered from her childhood, it was her father's snaky behavior the night before her mom kicked him out.
********************************************
Riptide stared at the bulletin blankly. No new evidence. It was like everyone said, no use picking up an unsolved case.
Well, maybe he was crazy. Or maybe he was still mad. But something gave him the feeling that no case was ever truly able to remain unsolved.
Either the answer was found, or those looking for one gave up.