Chapter 9

I was wearing a black t-shirt that belonged to Josh's that fit me to an inch or two past my midthigh so I wore it as a t-shirt dress with a pair of black knee high boots, shocking right? No vans today but I wore a black choker to sell the goth look.

My hair was in a messy bun with my makeup done to just mascara and lipstick. Maricela smiled at my outfit after I was ready and nodded. I was driving myself to school today since Josh had practice after school today and couldn't drive me home. I didn't want to ask any of my friends either but nonetheless I was in my all blacked out Chevy Camaro. We were a sports car type of family even my mother had her very own Porsche. 

I was eating something different than fruit today so I just bought a bunch of snacks from the store on the way to school which was mostly salads and protein bars since I had a never ending hunger during the day.   

"Hey, have you seen Josh?" I asked Jerry as I passed him in the hallway. He was Josh's football friend who was talking to Ariel, school slut. 

"He should be at his locker. Or Marissa's. You look nice today." He winked pissing Ariel off and me too. Harry was staring at me as I practically jogged over to Josh who was by the stairs. Harry was just across the hall. 

"Hey. Glad to see you're on time." Josh laughed at me, I returned it. "I went to walmart this morning and brought you some stuff for practice today. I got you protein bars, gatorades and a ton of snacks for the rest of the day so you don't die." I said looking in the two bags full of items. 

"You're the greatest. Wait what flavor brownies?" He looked and held up the double fudge ones to inspect. "God I love you." He laughed and took the two bags from me to inspect his things across by Harry  who stood three lockers away from Josh's. 

"Wait. How many Gatorades did you get?" He asked unbagging everything into his locker. 

"I got you 4. One for the morning, one for lunch, one for practice and other after practice." I said and he smiled. "You remembered." He laughed and I nodded. 

"Did you remember to get lunch, not that greenery bullshit?" 

"I got a salad. I'm great. I actually got like 5 of them and protein bars." 

"Grace that isn't food." He warned me but I only rolled my eyes and he narrowed his eyes. 

"Is that my shirt?" 

"Yeah, I stole it like last year and never really gave it back after the beach." He laughed at me and frowned when his eyes landed on my waist. He knew I had bruises from being pushed last night. 

"You alright?" 

"Yeah I'm great. Mari and Martin slept with me last night and basically made me middle meat. Threesome essentially." "You're fucking disgusting." He bursted into fits of laughter and I shrugged my shoulders, feeling someone snap my bra strap through my shirt. 

"Fucking touch her again and I'll kill you." Josh reacted quickly by grabbing the dude by the neck and pinning him to the lockers, choking him to invoke fear which he succeeded in since the dude pissed himself. He let him go as the hallway laughed at the dude who ran to the restroom. 

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, hugging him tightly, thanking him.

"Alright, get to class. Don't forget not to make any weekend plans. I'm not going to argue with Nick to go camping and I'm sure you're not. It's going to be lame and we both know it so bring a gun to kill us halfway through." He made me laugh at the memories of Nick's annual camping trip he made us go to which sucked every year since he had 0 survival skills and would constantly fuck up making a fire which was stupid since we literally camped in his backyard over the firepit which he lites with match. 

"Oh how could I forget?" I giggled, waving him off as I entered my English class and sat at my table. "So, we heard about last night. Your mom called and we want you to know we love you." Danny said as soon as I sat down. 

"Thanks. I'm fine I promise. We're good." I said frowning when Harry sat next to me. I didn't want anything to do with him, instead I opened my protein bars and ate about 3 of them before eating a salad I had bought, grimacing when I tried the ranch it came with. 

"What?" Harry asked and I shook my head and spit into a napkin. 

"That's fucking gross." I mumbled as I got up to throw my ranch and napkin away. 

"Ms. Ibarra. What is your progress on your project?" Ms. Fitz asked as she sat at her desk to document. 

"Finished presentation, working on paper." I said shoving a fork full of lettuce and chicken into my mouth. She nodded, typing it in and went around the room. 

"I'll work on the paper and share it with you on google docs. I won't be here this weekend because I have a family thing to go to." I said to Harry who narrowed his eyes at me. 

"We can wait." 

"No, we can't I'm going to be busy for the upcoming few weeks. We don't have time to negotiate unless you're willing to work on the weekend which I doubt since you party alot." "Excuse me?" He asked and I could feel my table tense. 

"I know you like to party and I'll be busy during the weekdays. Weekends I'm available but you're not because of your lifestyle." "How could you possibly know of my lifestyle?" "I'm not stupid, Harry. Everyone knows who you are. I do have social media by the way." I hummed and he just grew angry. 

"So you're not even going to offer to get to know me? I don't party as much as I used to." "I don't need to get to know you for a grade." 

"Bullshit, you know what we have is more than just a fucking grade for a class. I'm not afraid to admit I like you infront of the whole class."